Mother's Day 2014

Happy mommy's day!!

Javier's was booked so we ended up at All That BBQ. Going to smell like Mother's Day the whole week.

We do Mother's day in Seal Beach at the Mimi's Cafe each year.
We ran a little bit late but got there in time to catch up with everyone.

-IR2

Church. Hole in the wall Mexican joint for lunch (my request). Kicked butt at laser tag @ Lazer Quest (yes, my request again). Finally ate my very FIRST boba which was a strawberry "popping boba" topping @ Yogurtland, to be exact (not the authentic, big balls. I'm working my way up.) Unwrapped a gift -- a new food processor, yay. Now I'm holding Mr. SoCal hostage to watch two *NON Sci-Fi* movies - oh, the horror... tied him to a chair, propped  his eyes open with toothpicks. J/K. We watched "Bridesmaids" which we both thought was funnier than expected and now about to hit Play on "Crazy, Stupid, Love". I'm watching that one for charming Steve Carell, not Ryan Gosling!

Happy Mother's Day to the moms of TI!

qwerty said:
SoCal said:
(not the authentic, big balls. I'm working my way up.)

you wrote this to bait me right?

Well, what would you prefer I call them??
smiley_shrug[1].gif
I didn't write it to bait you. However, I'll admit I have been impressed at the restraint you've exhibited during all this boba-talk the last few days. I know how hard it must have been for you but you've surpassed my expectations.  :) Good boy.

Had dimsum with the entire famiree.  Went shopping and then ended our day at Disneyland.. (Mother's Day Tradition)  ;)

irvinehomeowner said:
Crazy Stupid Love is an awesome movie.

(did I say that out loud?)

Awww, shucks! I was really disappointed by it! I had high hopes & wanted to like it! We both thought it was thoroughly boring and pointless. Didn't showcase Steve Carell's talents well. We struggled to finish it. I also didn't realize what a big role Gosling has in this movie. I presume you liked it because of Ryan. I have a good memory, I do know how much you adore this guy!! Blondies just don't do anything for me. He also has that very nasally voice and effeminate way about him. The only urges he gives me is the one to punch him in the face. Maybe it's his creepy smile. It could be his unintelligible words. I had to keep rewinding it to figure out what he's saying through nasally slurred words. Btw, I was shocked that redhead actress, whatever her name is - it didn't appear on the credits in my DVR info section, shocked she was the leading lady. How do I say this nicely - we both thought she has an, uh "unusual" look, not exactly a classic beauty. Anyway, at the end of the movie, we were like, "This is IT??" They end it abruptly with no idea where it's going, not that it ever really got out of 1st gear.

Back