moreno valley

gld42_IHB

Does anyone know this market? Is the housing market similar to Corona or Orange County? A house with lake view is worth a lot?

[quote author="xoneinax" date=1250917292]Yes

Nope

Nope</blockquote>

What he said. My sister used to live in Moreno Valley and I have to say, its an armpit.

[quote author="GraceOMalley" date=1250917890][quote author="xoneinax" date=1250917292]Yes

Nope

Nope</blockquote>

What he said. My sister used to live in Moreno Valley and I have to say, its an armpit.</blockquote>

Haven't spent much time in Salinas, Mendota, or El Centro eh?

Okay, I take it back. You're right. Moreno Valley is an armpit. Apparently California is unique, and has three a**holes - Salinas, Mendota, and El Centro. My point being as awful as Moreno Valley is, you can ALWAYS move down.

While I'm on the subject, Porterville comes to mind.

[quote author="GraceOMalley" date=1250917890][quote author="xoneinax" date=1250917292]Yes

Nope

Nope</blockquote>

What he said. My sister used to live in Moreno Valley and I have to say, its an armpit.</blockquote>

Heck, I think it's a bit of an armpit, and I live in Riverside. It's basically where people who work in Riverside (or worse-Orange County-what a commute) bought a house if they couldn't afford to buy one in Riverside. Of course, now that most people can easily buy one in Riverside itself...

Now, the flip side to that is that you can now get a huge new house dirt cheap. There's enough shopping and restruants, although not much on the high end. There's not much "culture", though, and few jobs beyond the type where you ask if you want fries with that.

It's also a little more desert-y than Riverside-some people like that, some don't. The air quality might be a bit better than Riverside, since it is beyond the mountains that trap the stuff that blows in from LA.

Back