Montecito / Sonoma / Carmel Pricing

Also went to Carmel...  almost all of Carmel II is sold out...  a few Carmel I's are available.  All the new changes to Carmel II are pretty confusing... but regardless there seems to be very strong demand for these $1M homes (WOW!)...  Curious to see what ends up going in across from Sonoma (besides CarmelII)...  Apparently something north of $1.1 Mil..... 

Still don't know why they wouldn't shoot for something priced lower than Carmel II (or even Sonoma)... but it's marketing to keep the neighborhood values up.

Are new SFRs for $700k just as extinct as 3CWGs?

why would they?  carmel II sold pretty quickly..  if ppl want to pay that much, i guarantee you they have no issue selling them..

The additional lots near Carmel II will be a project by Tripointe (the builders of sonoma).  To my understanding they will have lots up against trabuco and some along the pool/park.  These will start in the 900's I believe (priced b/t sonoma and Carmel II).

The big draw to Carmel II must be the location (monticeto really makes things feel cramped in the original Carmel) and the lot sizes.  Plus they will be very close to a park/pool.

did they say what the timing will be for these? 

i thought i heard the next wave of homes in that area would be built by irvine pacific...?

I got that info from the sonoma sales office.  But you might be right about Irvine pacific b/c - TIC will be the owners and sellers of the homes though Tripointe will just be doing the building

Do these have driveways? Are these "real" SFRs?

I learnt that "real" SFRs for $700K with driveways are difficult to find in Irvine. I said "real" because - many new home sales staff project their projects as single family homes (not Single Family Residences), what they really mean is Condo where single family can live - Eg. Santa Cruz, Primrose etc., Their justification is irvine city is zoned as condo, so though they built SFR - it has to be sold as condo!

Sounded weird to me, was it for you too?

Those "zoned as" tactics are just to distract you from the fact that they are indeed condos.

The new homes will most likely have driveways.

And Las Ventanas will be the one SFR project with a real street and driveway that is under $700k.

So those are probably Irvine Pacific homes.

Montecito is getting down to their last phases... their Plan 1 starts at $765k.

You think TriPointe will take $750k for that last Plan 1?

The wall around Monticeto II is very ugly.  Even with trees it will still be an eye sore.  I'm supprised the Woodbury board approved it.
One of the nice features of Woobury was the openess.  Instead of walls you have houses/condos on the street (for the most part)

nytransplant said:
The wall around Monticeto II is very ugly.  Even with trees it will still be an eye sore.  I'm supprised the Woodbury board approved it.
One of the nice features of Woobury was the openess.  Instead of walls you have houses/condos on the street (for the most part)

The wall was ok to me, but those trees they put in were so tacky and ugly!  I cannot believe Woodbury HOA approved it either!

To those who purchased in Sonoma, what is your opinion of your house after about a year of living there?  Build quality?  Warranty issues/Customer service, neighbors, furniture placements, road noise, police response time?  Just want to see if the stuff people complained about on this forum is actually an issue for the people who bought there.  I  almost did, and probably would've if I can afford at least the plan 2. 

I have been very happy with it.  The build quality is very good.  It seems like they used quality parts.  When I tried to find a matching towel rack, I found out it costs $200.  All the fixtures are high end Kohler product and costs bucks!  Actually they have the same fixtures showcased very nicely at Irvine Lowes.  I put in a door between master bedroom and master bath and found out that a doorknob is also high end and costs almost $100.  I was generally surprised that they did not use cheapest thing available like most builders do.
Also, the customer service/warranty has been outstanding.  They have an online form I fill out and I filled out a lot of service request, mostly small things and many I could have not bothered with.  For all of them, the response time was very good and everything has been taken care of to my satisfaction.  When I mention the service/warranty to my coworkers who have bought a new house before, they are very surprised at the level of service.  For example, the builder inspected the roof on my house shortly after the move and replace some cracked roof tiles.  When I asked how did they see the cracked tiles, the builder said they didn't see the cracked tiles, but they hire an independent contractor to check for cracked tiles for all houses after close of escrow.
For the road noise, I am at the far end away from Sand Canyon, so I don't have issues.  It may be different for others who are close to Sand Canyon.
My wife and I toured San Marino, and we both liked the plan of our house better, mostly because of the loft in Sonoma 3 house we own.
Overall, we are very happy with the house.  If the house had a nice view, it would have been perfect, but I digress... 

I used a company called Orange Trucking.  It just happened that someone moved to my "old neighborhood right before I was about to move out.  I saw a moving truck with Orange Trucking on the side and started talking to a lady who was moving into the house.  She happened to be a real estate agent who is moving to one of the houses she bought.  She also said she has move many time in recent years and she has been using the same trucking company for years and she has been recommending the company to all of her clients.  I looked at the movers who were very careful and I liked what I saw.  I hired them for $80/hour for two movers.  They did a great job without damaging anything in the old or the new house.  I thought they finished the job without dragging anything out in prompt manner.
Their number is 714-636-2424, Orange Trucking.

Irvine2Irvine said:
I used a company called Orange Trucking.  It just happened that someone moved to my "old orhood right before I was about to move out.  I saw a moving truck with Orange Trucking on the side and started talking to a lady who was moving into the house.  She happened to be a real estate agent who is moving to one of the houses she bought.  She also said she has move many time in recent years and she has been using the same trucking company for years and she has been recommending the company to all of her clients.  I looked at the movers who were very careful and I liked what I saw.  I hired them for $80/hour for two movers.  They did a great job without damaging anything in the old or the new house.  I thought they finished the job without dragging anything out in prompt manner.
Their number is 714-636-2424, Orange Trucking.

Heh, I also used Orange Trucking for a previous move.  Was satisfied with them as well.

Back