Mobile Phone Poll for RoundCorners

What phone do you currently have and/or which one do you plan to get in the future?

• I have an iPhone

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I have an Android

Votes: 9 60.0%
  • I have a Blackberry

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a Windows Phone

• I have something else

• I plan on getting an iPhone

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I plan on getting an Android

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I plan on getting a Blackberry

• I plan on getting a Windows Phone

• I plan on cancelling all my wireless accounts and moving to the wilderness

• Total voters
I bet if there was an ios/android app for the site (to better adjust threads/views), more people here would be checking in with their phones.

jvna said:
I bet if there was an ios/android app for the site (to better adjust threads/views), more people here would be checking in with their phones.
Are you trying to trick me into making one?

Actually... some forum software have a plug in that you can use Tapatalk with. SMF (the one TI uses) is supported so maybe it's something zovall can look into (but I'm not sure if he would rather wait until the IHB and TI re-integrate). It's free for the forum owner to activate but Tapatalk is $2.99 on both iOS and Android.

Yes, I'll definitely look into Tapatalk - just taking some time to feel my way around SMF right now ;)

I had looked into Tapatalk in the past.  At the time, there was concern over a security issue and it had been pulled.  Also, it was a pay app.

There is another alternative that I'll discuss with Zovall.  It's a pretty simple one, no app involved.  I've had it on a test site for a while now.  Sadly I got a bit stuck on finding a reliable method of detecting a mobile device and then got sidetracked.

I like Mr. SC's solution... as you don't need to buy or install an app to use it... and it can be on any mobile device that has a browser.

I think you really don't have to worry about auto-detecting a mobile device, just use m.talkirvine.com and have links that say "Mobile Mode" and "Normal Mode" so that you can control it just in case.

...So.. i-users, don't even bother to read the Tech forum; cause they aren't really even interested in Tech in general, cause using an i-device is so universal & easy to use...

...they don't bother to take the poll & certainly can't be bother to post about their device, let alone share about their experience, let alone, say what they love about their tech, and share about how it improves their lives...

... I guess,

roundcorners said:
...So.. i-users, don't even bother to read the Tech forum; cause they aren't really even interested in Tech in general, cause using an i-device is so universal & easy to use...

...they don't bother to take the poll & certainly can't be bother to post about their device, let alone share about their experience, let alone, say what they love about their tech, and share about how it improves their lives...

... I guess,

That's because "It Just Works!"    :D

I moved from a BB to iPhone and am very happy. I think most folks with iPhones are not very tech savvy and thus the iPhone is a great device for them. I like the fact that the device has mass appeal--that means most companies will tailor apps to the iPhone 1st or exclusively. It also means since most of my friends have an iPhone I can text/video/picture message them for free via iMessage (similar to the BB messenger universe). Also the iPhone has a seriously good  smart phone camera/video capability--very quick shutter speed and good HD videos.

Yeah... not to mention you can get all sorts of accessories almost anywhere.

Cases for the iPhone are like $1 each... can have one for every day of the week.

And it replaced my need for a digital camera... can capture family pics/videos all the time.

it satisfies my gaming need... before with the baby i pretty much given up on my consoles (xbox, ps3, etc.)..  I don't want to lug around a DS or PSP (omg, that grown man is playing a video game!), so my iPhone has taken up duty really well.. the games, though buggy as hell are getting better.. Infinity Blade 2 I spent hours on, usually not my cup of tea but the brainless hack and slash works during a stressful day (scary huh?)...  i haven't visited the android app market.. what are the game selections like?  I'm sure the big developers like EA and Gameloft are there... but are there any trend setting games that are specific to the Android market?  That would make me want to switch...

Many of my relatives have switched to iPhones lately... mainly because Sprint started carrying it. They were all heavy BB/Android users but I guess they wanted the "cool" phone (the majority of them were females).

I think a quite a few people are still waiting for the iPhone 5 too.

This one is tempting... kind of tablet+phone... but won't fit in even my XXXL pocket:
http://www.engadget.com/2012/01/30/samsung-galaxy-note-att/

My Android phone isn't beefy enough to play the more complicated games well.  Games like Jelly Defense started to really lag my phone when it got to the mid levels.  I've played games on my wifes Galaxy S2, but that's not practical.  Can't keep pulling her phone to play games on.  Don't have a tablet yet, so I can't really comment on games for Android.  I do notice that my sister in law seems to have more/better? games for her iPhone for toddlers than Android.

I've read about the Galaxy Note too and I thought it was interesting too.  If I didn't plan on getting a tablet, I would seriously consider getting this phone/tablet (whenever it came to TMobile).  Funny how we make fun of those giant cell phones that looked like bricks attached to briefcase batteries when cells first came out and now we're going towards bigger phones again, albeit slimmer.

who has time to play games... when you can use your Android to, detect radiation and get into empty houses for sale...

TRACcess eKEY
The TRACcess eKEY software connects regularly to the Supra network
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/productivity/traccess-ekey_bmamk.html

traccess-ekey-2-2.jpg

traccess-ekey-2-1.jpg

Radioactivity Counter Turns Your Android Phone into a Geiger Counterhttp://lifehacker.com/5880168/radioactivity-counter-turns-your-android-phone-into-a-geiger-counter
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=ebpscjKRCqo[/youtube]

Back