Missing 12 year old

cubiczirconia

http://www.cityofirvine.org/civica/press/display.asp?layout=1&Entry=1494

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRESS RELEASE #5/7/2013
Subject :

Irvine Police Seek Public Assistance to Locate Missing Child
    jengen@cityofirvine.org

IRVINE, CA (May 7, 2013):  On May 6, 2013, just before 10:00 p.m., Irvine police officers received a report of missing child, 12-year-old, Kyva Roberson of Irvine.  Kyva was last seen in the afternoon when he was sent to his room for discipline. His family believes Kyva left his home, near Deerfield Avenue and Culver Drive, intending to run away, sometime later in the afternoon.

blobfetch.asp

Irvine police officers and detectives worked throughout the night and learned Kyva had contact with one neighborhood friend at approximately 3:30p.m.  The two were also seen together on surveillance video from a McDonald?s restaurant at Culver Drive and Irvine Center Drive, just before 7:00 p.m. The friend is no longer with Kyva and Kyva?s current location is not known.  Detectives believe he is still in the Irvine area.  He has no known access to money or a cell phone. 

Missing:

Kyva Roberson, 12-year-old male, 4?8? tall weighing approximately 80 pounds.  Last seen wearing jeans, a zip-up navy blue jacket, white socks with sandals and a light blue Orlando, Magic baseball cap. Kyva speaks with an Australian accent.

Kyva is currently homeschooled but was a previous student of Venado Middle School.

Anyone with information is urged to contact the Irvine Police Department at 949-724-7200.

###

may have to look in Santa Ana - one of the Irvine police officers did not get the memo?

*I cannot resist...sorry if that offends any one. I sincerely wish the boy is found soon and safe and sound.

Oh, no. Hopefully, the accent will make him easier to remember in case anyone comes in contact with him. Let's pray this kid stays safe until found.

Phew! Happy ending..

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRESS RELEASE #5/8/2013
Subject :

Missing 12-year-old Boy Located in Costa Mesa
    jengen@cityofirvine.org

IRVINE, CA (May 8, 2013):  This morning at approximately 8:20 a.m., Kyva Roberson, missing since Monday, May 6, was located on the campus of Costa Mesa High School.

blobfetch.asp

Yesterday, just before 5:00 p.m., an Orange County Transit Authority bus driver spotted a boy he believed may have been Kyva getting off a bus near the high school.  Irvine detectives and the Costa Mesa Police Department checked the area throughout the evening but were not able to locate him.

This morning, with assistance of the Orange County Sheriff?s Department, video was retrieved confirming it was the missing boy seen on the bus. Costa Mesa Police Detectives returned to the high school to search for additional security video. While they were there, a detective noticed Kyva, moving about the campus with the students. Kyva was picked up by Irvine Police Detectives and returned to his family in good health.

Great news. But wow - he sure seems "adventurous" for a 12 year old. My son is a few years younger... I don't think he would know how to figure out a bus route or have the guts to try it or even just cruise the bus if he didn't know where exactly it was headed. Heck, I wouldn't even know how to ride the bus.

SoCal said:
Great news. But wow - he sure seems "adventurous" for a 12 year old. My son is a few years younger... I don't think he would know how to figure out a bus route or have the guts to try it or even just cruise the bus if he didn't know where exactly it was headed. Heck, I wouldn't even know how to ride the bus.

It's amazing that anybody from Irvine would have this knowledge, isn't it?

Liar Loan said:
SoCal said:

It's amazing that anybody from Irvine would have this knowledge, isn't it?

Yup, I've never ridden a city bus in my life.  Wouldn't have the foggiest idea how. :-[ Born and raised in O.C., I'm an Orange County girl through & through.

Back