Mendocino and Saragota in Stonegate

Irvinecommuter said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:
test said:

Not sold yet...I seriously doubt the seller is going to get that for 3 bed/2.5 bath place.
Looks like it's in escrow now...the buyer will walk away with a profit of around $100k after closing costs and commissions.

Wow...maybe I should sell my place ;)
Depending on the owner's tax situation, that profit could turn out only being a net profit of around $63k after taxes.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvinecommuter said:
test said:

Not sold yet...I seriously doubt the seller is going to get that for 3 bed/2.5 bath place.
Looks like it's in escrow now...the buyer will walk away with a profit of around $100k after closing costs and commissions.

Wow...maybe I should sell my place ;)
Depending on the owner's tax situation, that profit could turn out only being a net profit of around $63k after taxes.

Previous recorded price from Redfin for a new home is little misleading.  I just contracted to spend $60k of additional work on my new house on top of the closing sales price (some upgrades, conservatory, etc.)  that will be recorded at Redfin.  Not sure how much more upgrade and landscaping he did on top of his closing price.  It looks like flooring was upgraded.  Could be from a third party contractor.  Overall, profit could be a lot lower overall.

HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
Goriot said:

The market is still hot... damn FCB's  :p

It's interesting to see if people start turning to re-sell if and when the new homes becoming overpriced.  Why buy a new one and have to wait 6 months when you can get one slightly used and fully upgraded. 

Most new builds now, at least the ones recently in the past couple of years do not have a stipulation of a no sale policy in first 12 months...

I remember they used to require that and owner occupancy, but how do they enforce that after you close escrow?

Is there a contract the buyer signs with some penalty? Does the builder put a boot on your house?

I spoke to IP and PP home builders recently and asked that question and they said they did not have that stipulation in their contracts.

Phase 22-25

Plan 1: $891,900 - $897,400 (incl. conservatory)
Plan 2/2X: $933,700 - $974,700
Plan 3: $964,600 - $983,862

Quick Move-in Home on IP's website

Saratoga, Residence 1
4/3, 1907 Sq. Ft.
Single Family Detached
$811,794.00

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

broda said:
Quick Move-in Home on IP's website

Saratoga, Residence 1
4/3, 1907 Sq. Ft.
Single Family Detached
$811,794.00

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I visited the sale office a few weeks back and they were already having issues selling out.  They've basically hit their price limit. 

BTW:  That's about $150K above in Phase I.

Looks like a Mendocino Plan 2 has been listed on MLS.

Asking $962,337 - was previously on the price lists for $944,692 with the same options.

woshi said:

Asking $962,337 - was previously on the price lists for $944,692 with the same options.

This one has the conservatory which is a $16,000 option.  I don't think $944k had the conservatory.

Goriot said:
woshi said:

This one has the conservatory which is a $16,000 option.  I don't think $944k had the conservatory.

Price sheets from 12/3 and 11/8 both indicate the conservatory is included.

Received e-mail from Mendocino sale office about phase 35 release and  looks like Mendocino is almost done.  Just few more homes remain and they are ready to sell the model homes as well.  I don't have the latest price for these Mendocino homes but the location of these last few homes is pretty good, they are located right along JOST and some of these home are back against a street, no neighbor in the back. 

Attachments

• MENDOCINOEXTPHASE35SALESMAP.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 342
These back Encore, no?  Not bad, from the map looks like there will be bigger lots coming up as well.  Easy access to trail is a positive I think, you know what sort of greenery is present behind homes 95-98?

Back