Mello Roos in Northwood

Jenita143

We were taking a look at a few homes in the gated community of Northwood. I know of the $142 HOA fees but does anyone know how much the monthly mello Roos are in that area? Thanks!!

Jenita143 said:
We were taking a look at a few homes in the gated community of Northwood. I know of the $142 HOA fees but does anyone know how much the monthly mello Roos are in that area? Thanks!!
Use the following link and type in the address, from there you'll be able to pull up the property tax bill which will show you the Mello Roos on any home:
http://tax.ocgov.com/tcweb/search_page.asp

Also, another quick way of estimating the Mello Roos is by taking the assessed value x 1.05% then subtract it from the total property tax amount.  Depending on the size of the house, Mello Roos will typically range from $1,500 to $3,000 for a house (depending upon the size of the home) n Northwood Pointe.

Thanks!! The home i'm interested in says "pending" status and back up offers are accepted. Is it worth making an offer if it's been pending since May?

Jenita143 said:
Thanks!! The home i'm interested in says "pending" status and back up offers are accepted. Is it worth making an offer if it's been pending since May?
Is it a short sale, REO, or stand sale?

IrvineRealtor said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Also, another quick way of estimating the Mello Roos is by taking the assessed value x 1.05% then subtract it from the total property tax amount.

why -1 for this?  its actually a good and quick way.  for example, take this VOC house:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/36-Juneberry-92606/home/7217338

redfin has a nice little tax section:
Taxable Value
Land $406,281
Additions $493,719
Total $900,000
Tax (2011) $16,333

as per USCTrojan's simple rule: 900000 * 1.05% = 9450.  total tax was 16333 so MR portion was $6883

if you look it up, you will see that its not far off.  the MR is 6500 and the other fixed amounts are about 200 so total is $6700. 

thanks!! that was super helpful! I'm not sure if this home is a short sale or not. According to my agent, we should know in the next week or so if the current offer will go through. In the meantime, she wants to prepare a back-up offer until then.

Jenita143 said:
thanks!! that was super helpful! I'm not sure if this home is a short sale or not. According to my agent, we should know in the next week or so if the current offer will go through. In the meantime, she wants to prepare a back-up offer until then.
Glad to help, good luck with the home.

Back