Media Center Setup

Chairman

Curious to know if anyone has an Apple Mini hooked up to their TV and acting as their media server? I think the Apple Mini is due for a cycle update. I may want to hold off on getting one if that is the case. Any apple fan boys able to comment on this?

Is an Apple TV unit worth having? I would use it to mainly stream media devices such as a laptop, iPhone and iPad. I would also be able to stream NetFlix but not sure if I really need Apple TV to do this.

Anyone utilizing any of these setups? Thanks.

eyephone said:
I experienced LAG when connecting the mini ipad and iphone using the Apple TV device to the TV.

Could it be because your router is in the closet? What ISP and speed do you have?

Haha!

I was at my coworkers house for a party. Then my coworker asked me to set up the Apple TV to the iPad mini. Honestly I was disappointed at the Apple TV. The lag was horrible.

I have Roku and I love it. No lag whatsoever. I watch netflix and amazon prime.

eyephone said:
Haha!

I was at my coworkers house for a party. Then my coworker asked me to set up the Apple TV to the iPad mini. Honestly I was disappointed at the Apple TV. The lag was horrible.

Can you return the Apple TV? Lag is unacceptable!

Chairman said:
eyephone said:
Haha!

Can you return the Apple TV? Lag is unacceptable!

Type in google: Apple TV lag

- there's a lot of issues regarding the lag

Depends on the store - regarding return policy.

I have a Mac Mini on my network.  It isn't connected directly to my TV.  I have the Plex Media Server installed on it. 

I have an Apple TV connected to the TV.  I also have a Google Chromecast connected to the TV. 

I have the Plex app on our iPad as well as on my Android phone.  I browse my media using Plex or use Netflix and just Airplay or Chromecast the video to the TV.

Back