Measure E passes . So now which communities can see more MR ? More Taxes ?

Around 2025 there will be a new measure to extend measure E another 12 years.  Which reminds me.  I got a call 2 days ago talking about some 2012 tax that was about to expire.  The caller wanted me to vote to extend it.  I don't remember which measure or proposition though, but it had something to do with education and something about kids.

zubs said:
Around 2025 there will be a new measure to extend measure E another 12 years.

nah, just measure F, G, H, etc until eternity ... maybe switch to the Greek alphabet once we hit Z?

Actually the mello roos at my house ended in 2014.  There was no refinancing or anything.  In 2015, my property tax bill was $1,500 less.  So it does happen folks!

woodburyowner said:
What's interesting is that when I voted, my name didn't come up on the paper list.  Instead I did a provisional? vote.  They created an ID on the spot and Measure E came up.  I'm not in the affected area though....

i was looking for measure E on my ballot and it wasn't there. So I figured since we're TUSD in OH it wouldn't impact us. How about the IUSD OH folks? Does it affect them?

I don't know much about how bonds are passed but I wonder if there is a repeal process for this.

IUSD should have budgeted for these type of "maintenance" needed for the older schools.

Also, what happened to the money they made from selling the land of former elem schools to William Lyon? The Alderwood and Vista Verde sites? Shouldn't that have gone to the upkeep older schools?

If this map is valid it's very confusing.

I don't think there is any house in Irvine (zoned to IUSD) that doesn't have a High School with a red dot.

aquabliss said:
If this map is valid it's very confusing.

I don't think there is any house in Irvine (zoned to IUSD) that doesn't have a High School with a red dot.

Red dot = High School

You need to look at the SFIM Boundary (dashed red line).

High Schools getting improvements are: Creekside, Irvine, Northwood, University, Woodbridge

I have a rental property in the affected area, but live in an unaffected area, so measure E did not show up on my ballot.  I feel it's a little unfair that I didn't get a say in this, but now would have to pay for it.

gaogi said:
I have a rental property in the affected area, but live in an unaffected area, so measure E did not show up on my ballot.  I feel it's a little unfair that I didn't get a say in this, but now would have to pay for it.

Yep... taxation without representation... Boba Milk Tea Party!!!

irvinehomeowner said:
gaogi said:

So TI is going through the motions, after Measure E passed.

But there were only a handful that was against it.

raise the rent!

gaogi said:

eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
gaogi said:

9,793 people (40%) voting no is not just a handful.
https://www.ocvote.com/fileadmin/live/pri2016/results.htm#c-747

iacrenter said:
eyephone said:
irvinehomeowner said:
gaogi said:

9,793 people (40%) voting no is not just a handful.
https://www.ocvote.com/fileadmin/live/pri2016/results.htm#c-747

Handful on "TI" were against it.

(Ps9,IHO,eyephone, and some others)

In the end, I voted no, it passed, I'll pony up my share, hopefully some kids will benefit, I'll be out about $200 a year, and can no longer have this description in my house listings when I sell:

No Mello Roos!!!

(At least I can put "Ridiculosuly low Mello Roos!!!")

Must've been all those yes on E signs on every street corner,  it definitely out numbered the no on E signs.  In fact one sign was near my polling place, should've complained.

ps9 said:
In the end, I voted no, it passed, I'll pony up my share, hopefully some kids will benefit, I'll be out about $200 a year, and can no longer have this description in my house listings when I sell:

No Mello Roos!!!

(At least I can put "Ridiculosuly low Mello Roos!!!")

Must've been all those yes on E signs on every street corner,  it definitely out numbered the no on E signs.  In fact one sign was near my polling place, should've complained.

Maybe they thought it had to do with the E drug jk

gaogi said:

Most families own/rent in Irvine due to the schools. The bonds are for school improvement so your rental property will benefit indirectly and increase in value. So why complain?

But wait!  Wasn't the lottery supposed to pay for all this?  and, and, and all the other school bond measures over the years also? 

Looks to me like a money swap folks.....  Now they can reduce the existing taxes they funnel to the schools and redirect it somewhere else since voters covered the gap.

Just my ignorant opinion.  I don't know the details of this bond measure or the budget number changes for the next fiscal school year.  I just don't like any additional taxes since there are too many taxes already.

Disclaimer:  I don't live in Irvine anymore so this does not affect me but I am sure other local school districts are gearing up their bond proposals....

Back