McCain/Palin

socalmd_IHB

McCain/Palin are deceitful, condescending, untruthful, unintelligent, unstable politicians.

Besides that I really don't have any complaints.

Palin just got her passport in 2007!

Troopergate

She was for the Bridge to nowhere before she was against it.

pregnant daughter, shotgun marriage...and against sex education! WTF!

McCain...unstable hothead with a finger on the button.

God help us.

Don't be shy, tell us how you <strong>really</strong> feel.

<span style="font-size: 11px;">Were you too lazy to read the nine other threads on McCain/Palin?</span>

<span style="font-size: 11px;">Were you too lazy to read the nine other threads on McCain/Palin?</span></blockquote>

McCain will lie, cheat, and say and do anything to get elected. He has no morals. He has no honor. He is a career politician trying to sell the country on change.

Plenty of Kool Aid drinkers for him to sell his crap.

[quote author="socalmd" date=1221278335]McCain will lie, cheat, and say and do anything to get elected. He has no morals. He has no honor. He is a career politician trying to sell the country on change.

Plenty of Kool Aid drinkers for him to sell his crap.</blockquote>

no honor? I wouldnt go that far...did you ever hear that little story about him as a POW? the part where he was allowed to go free, but chose not to because it wasn't fair to th eother POW's...you can think what you want about him politically--but I wouldn't throw honor in there...have you served for this country? If you have, thank you.

One of McCain's sons is serving in Irag. Another one is at the Naval Academy. How is that for honor.

He voted for the surge in Irag when it was an unpopular thing to do, knowing that it might have cost him votes. How is that for honor.

He served honorably in the military and sacrificed part of his life in a prison cell for our country. How is that for honor.

A number of times he went outside of the party line and voted for what he thought was right. That was how he earned his "Maverick" label.

Those are just a few things that I admire about Senator McCain. Based on his actions, I know that I can trust Senator McCain if he's elected to run the country with honor and to the best of his ability.

You can dislike the man but you shouldn't dishonor him or dishonor yourself by by spewing your uninformed opinions.

I don't dislike Obama but I dislike his liberal policies. I don't go around saying Obama "will lie, cheat, and say and do anything to get elected. He has no morals."

If you are an M.D. then you must be educated. Act like one.

[quote author="BMP 309" date=1221278761][quote author="socalmd" date=1221278335]McCain will lie, cheat, and say and do anything to get elected. He has no morals. He has no honor. He is a career politician trying to sell the country on change.

Plenty of Kool Aid drinkers for him to sell his crap.</blockquote>

no honor? I wouldnt go that far...did you ever hear that little story about him as a POW? the part where he was allowed to go free, but chose not to because it wasn't fair to th eother POW's...you can think what you want about him politically--but I wouldn't throw honor in there...have you served for this country? If you have, thank you.</blockquote>

Where is the honor in outright lying?

Green Cactus, there is honor in having a civil discussion, supporting by facts. Otherwise, we just look like a bunch of immature kids throwing jabs at each others. During a presidential campaign, both sides will shade the truth. That's just a reality of politics. I see you making all of these postings throwing bombs at McCain and Palin. It just seems to me that you are angry and a little bit desperate. The more you do it, the worse you look.

There are so much disinformation and spinning out there, it's hard to tell between a truth and a lie. Too me, all of these are just noise. We have to vote based on our conviction and our value.

I am voting for McCain because I see in him an honorable person who has sacrificed for his country and served his terms in congress with dignity. Do I trust an genuine American Hero or do I want to turn the presidency to a man who can talk the talk and can promise a lot but has very little track record and experience? The choice is very clear to me.

As someone who came to this country as a refugee at a young age without my parents, studied hard and worked hard to try to achieve the American dream, I identify myself with a party that believe more in self reliance and less on hand-outs. It is my hope that if McCain wins the presidency, he'd get back to this root. I know that if Obama wins, we will have even larger government, more regulations, more taxes and more hand-outs. Thanks but no thanks.

McCain has no honor. He was a bad pilot. Graduated near last in his navy class...an admission he got only from his father's influence. Yes he was a POW, but he was lucky, many others were killed in battle.

McCain left his crippled wife for a younger woman...that is not honorable.

McCain picked an airhead unqualified VP..that is not honorable.

McCain continues to lie and say anything to get elected..that is not honorable.

McCain will be exposed in the debates for the old crony politician that he is.

And Pailin...it's fitting that she has the "deer in the headlight" look whenever anyone asks her a question..LOL

I have ZERO respect for McCain. Maverick? What a joke.

McCain's Court: Change We Don't Needhttp://www.truthout.org/article/mccains-court-change-we-dont...

Cass R. Sunstein, The Washington Independent: "John McCain has said that, should he be president, Chief Justice John Roberts and Justice Samuel Alito 'would serve as the model for my own nominees.' He regularly attacks what he calls 'activist judging,' and he described a recent ruling vindicating the right to habeas corpus as 'one of the worst decisions in the history of this country.' McCain has repeatedly said that Roe v. Wade was wrongly decided and should be overruled. If McCain is elected, change would clearly be coming to the US Supreme Court."

I just don't get the Supreme Court concern. A conservative court has nothing to do with it. It's like arguing over where to bury a dead person. Read up on the R v W before you really decide to be a single issue voter... and by read up, I mean, find someone with a westlaw password, not blurbs from "truthout".

Calling McCain dishonorable is short-sighted. I don't agree with many of his policies, but the man is honorable. Don't conflate imperfection with dishonor.

Is Palin much less qualified than she could be? Sure. Did the liberals high-jack the party and screw over Hillary? Without a doubt. Has Leiberman completely lost his way? Yes. And his state deserves what they got.

I could go on and on. But I suspect that Kool-aid drinkers in both parties have far more energy than I do to banter-on, lest I digress.

These people are politicians. Not role models. Stop confusing the two.

<a href="http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/09/mccains_health_scare_plan.html">McCain Health Scare Plan</a>

<a href="http://www.time-blog.com/swampland/2008/09/mccains_health_care_tax_increa.html">McCain Health Care Tax Increase</a>

[quote author="waiting2buylater" date=1221366691]

I am voting for McCain because I see in him an honorable person who has sacrificed for his country and served his terms in congress with dignity. Do I trust an genuine American Hero or do I want to turn the presidency to a man who can talk the talk and can promise a lot but has very little track record and experience? The choice is very clear to me.

</blockquote>

You say that Obama will lead to larger government, you say McCaine is honorable. Do you know he voted for the PATRIOT act? Do you know what that is?

[quote author="25w100k+" date=1221534999][quote author="waiting2buylater" date=1221366691]

</blockquote>

You say that Obama will lead to larger government, you say McCaine is honorable. Do you know he voted for the PATRIOT act? Do you know what that is?</blockquote>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/09/15/palin-tax-mystery-e...

<em>When news broke last week that Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin received more than $17,000 in state-issued per diems for evenings spent in her own home, several tax experts and watchdogs asked whether John McCain's running mate had ever declared and paid taxes on that money as income. Including travel reimbursements for Palin's family members, the Washington Post reported that the total amount of potentially taxable income totals over $60,000 for Palin's first 18 months as governor.

Plainly seeking to capitalize on the potential story, Barack Obama's campaign quickly issued 10 years of tax records for Joe Biden, daring McCain to do the same with Palin. But as the mystery around those per diems enters its second week, there has been no signal from the McCain campaign as to whether or not it will release Palin's tax returns.

Without those documents, it's impossible to say whether or not she skated taxes on some or all of the per diems and travel reimbursements. But, in addition to the multiple law and tax bloggers who have been all over the story, a tax expert interviewed by the Huffington Post said there are several scenarios under which Palin should have been paying taxes on the money in question. What follows is an itemization, if you will, of the issues at stake -- and what kind of disclosure would put the respective questions to rest.

1) Where is Palin's "tax home"?

This is a central question to the mystery. It would make sense, as some have assumed, that Palin's "tax home" is Juneau, the seat of government in Alaska. Since Palin is granted the use of a state mansion there, her job does not necessarily require transit back and forth to Palin's other home in Wasilla, where she filed for her personal per diems.

As IRS Publication 463 notes:

"If you (and your family) do not live at your tax home (defined earlier), you cannot deduct the cost of traveling between your tax home and your family home. You also cannot deduct the cost of meals and lodging while at your tax home."

Palin did not request per diems for lodging in her own home, but did use them for meals. The only exception here would be if the meals were for official state business.

) What about those trips for her family members?

According to John Bogdanski, a tax professor at the Lewis and Clark Law School:

It does not appear that such deductions would have been allowable for any amounts attributable to travel by her husband and children. Section 274(m)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code strictly forbids deductions for bringing spouses and dependents along on business travel unless the spouses and dependents (a) are employees of the taxpayer (here, the taxpayer is the governor), (b) are traveling for a bona fide business purpose, and (c) would otherwise be entitled to deduct the travel on their own tax returns. Unless Palin's spouse and kids are also her employees and she can show that they were away on their own businesses, their expenses would not be deductible by the governor. And therefore she cannot exclude from income any per diems attributable to any of them. (By the way, since she's the employee, the income would be required to be reported on her own return, not her kids'.)

More at the URL</em>

[quote author="GrewUpInIrvine" date=1221554685][quote author="25w100k+" date=1221534999][quote author="waiting2buylater" date=1221366691]

</blockquote>

You say that Obama will lead to larger government, you say McCaine is honorable. Do you know he voted for the PATRIOT act? Do you know what that is?</blockquote></blockquote>

I am willing to give up some personal liberties to give our government more power to catch terrorists. Even with all of our problems, this is the greatest country on earth and the greatest democracy the world has ever known. We have check and balance in our system and the people can vote to flush out a bad regime when it swings too far one way or another.

You are trying to make a point with faulty logic. Did voting for the Patriot Act make McCain not honorable? What about the rest of Congress who voted for it? Were they not honorable men and women too? From my perspective, those who voted for it were realists who wanted to protect the country from harm. You might not be for it but it doesn't mean those who disagreed with you were not honorable people. Knee-jerked statements like yours above just show a lack on understanding and immaturity.

GOTTI, It appears that we are on the same side.....but your verbage regarding the female anatomy has gotten to be a little much. Please tone it down....thanks.

Back