Marin 1H@Eastwood or Vivo Residence 2@Orchard Hills

Burn That Belly said:
felixcat said:
Burn That Belly said:
Whether or not gates prevent crimes is irrelevant. The point is that it adds good resale factor and value to the incoming FCB who knows very little about the local crime of the neighborhood. It gives a perceived perception that having it is truly better than not having it and for that reason the real estate market and the FCB-resale market perceives it as a valuable feature and so the price goes up.  Bottom line, you are buying the gated community for resale value more than safety.

BTW, foreign cash is not a sustainable business model - mainly depends on Chinese government FX regulations, for now it is much harder to convert RMB to USD, so fewer FCB recently.

I do see except for the view lots, Reserve OH does not sell very well, plenty of units are still available in already released phases.

Wrong. There are plenty of ways to get RMB out of China. Do your research. Go visit San Gabriel Valley. Plenty of lawyers helping folks get money out. One of the most common way is through Hong Kong. There is also youtube video explaining how this is done:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd__t5FeV74

A realtor I spoke to in Irvine, I had asked if she saw trouble. She smiled and said "There are ways to get the money out.".  It didn't even bother her. She knows of all the dirty tricks Mainland FCBs play.

Mainland FCB will go far to get their money out one way of another if it means a better life for their kids. That commission fee is a price worth paying to these people.

It never fails to amaze me how the Chinese government has mantained its foreign reserves (there is some decline) and maintained its currency , despite all this capital flight .

Something doesn?t add up .. but they seeem to be on top of the situation .

Hedge funds like Bass brothers got smoked shorting the yuan

My parents have bought a residence 2 home @Vivo.

I will compare Marin and Vivo as a BMW 7 Series to a Rolls Royce. They are both very nice, premium cars. It's just that Rolls Royce has that extra class to it. Imagine this: You are having a conversation with a new person and they ask where you live. You tell them, Orchard Hills. Automatically they assume you have class, its human nature. I'm not saying that Eastwood wouldn't give you that sense of status, but The Reserve is just a level higher. In Irvine, you see so many 7 series' to the point where you don't even notice it. But a Rolls Royce is the car that catches your eye. Same case with Marin and Vivo. My family was even thinking about Marin, but once we visited OH, we automatically noticed the difference. I would recommend driving around The Reserve if you haven't already, wouldn't regret it.

Also, think about this. Marin's phases are coming to an end, meaning that the prices are already higher than how much you could've bought a year back. Vivo is only in it first couple phases with many to come. The price of each phase increases by a couple thousand. If you're smart and buy the home early, you will have some extra money by the time the builders are out.

Buying our house at under $500/ sq ft, I wouldn't be surprised to see The Reserve at $600-700/ sq ft one day. Easy money.

Vivo:
Pros: Gated, scenic views, nice pools/parks, right beside NHS, class, exclusivity, early phases.
Cons: HOA fees (which aren't THAT high compared to other single family homes), snakes and coyotes? haha

Marin:
Pros: Near Eastwood Elementary, nice pools parks, low HOA.
Cons: Noise from Jeffrey Road, non-gated, late phases=higher price.

But that's just my 0.02c.

Btw im 15 years old :)

That's because the development of east part OH is just started. OH3 has 1,000 planned units, and OH2 has 809. Suppose each family has 2 cars, and half of OH2 people will take the east side OH Drive, then there will be approx. 2,800 cars pass the front of Reserve OH daily. Counting in + out, that will be ~5,600 passes/day. 

The terrain is like a typical auditorium/concert hall: stage (in this case the OH Drive) at lower elevation, and audience seats are on a gradual incline slope; the slope is acting like an loudspeaker/upward reflective surface so everyone in the concert hall will hear clearly.

And the genius engineers who plan the community create the slope by filled dirt, its shape is regular and smooth (not a rugged "natural" mountain), this makes it a premium sound transmitter and amplifier.

sherwinsalehii said:
I'm going to have to disagree with that. Orchard Hills Drive is not a busy street (for now). I have visited Vivo many times and noise was never a concern. For Marin, I know that the last phases are directly next to Jeffery Road, which is a busy street. The only Vivo homes that might have noise as an issue are the ones with a view on the edge of the hill, but those are going to be in future phases. Other than that they are fine in my opinion.

felixcat said:
Vivo - directly above a 2-lane each way 40mph road w/ minimum traffic light, and I frequently see people drive at ~50-60 mph. Noise will be my biggest concern. If you need to buy Vivo, have to buy the view lot to justify the premium.

Marin - no view, non-gated.

BTW, gated community need to be human-guarded 24X7 in *each* entrance for *both* vehicle and pedestrian, to let the protection be effective. Are both gates in Reserve Orchard Hills human-guarded?

snjnk said:
Debating between Marin 1H@Eastwood or Vivo Residence 2@Orchard Hills.
Would like to know the pros and cons of each!!

Thanks.

sherwinsalehii - 1
Irvinecommuter - 0
:)

sherwinsalehii said:

I will compare Marin and Vivo as a BMW 7 Series to a Rolls Royce. They are both very nice, premium cars. It's just that Rolls Royce has that extra class to it. Imagine this: You are having a conversation with a new person and they ask where you live. You tell them, Orchard Hills. Automatically they assume you have class, its human nature. I'm not saying that Eastwood wouldn't give you that sense of status, but The Reserve is just a level higher. In Irvine, you see so many 7 series' to the point where you don't even notice it. But a Rolls Royce is the car that catches your eye. Same case with Marin and Vivo. My family was even thinking about Marin, but once we visited OH, we automatically noticed the difference. I would recommend driving around The Reserve if you haven't already, wouldn't regret it.

Also, think about this. Marin's phases are coming to an end, meaning that the prices are already higher than how much you could've bought a year back. Vivo is only in it first couple phases with many to come. The price of each phase increases by a couple thousand. If you're smart and buy the home early, you will have some extra money by the time the builders are out.

Buying our house at under $500/ sq ft, I wouldn't be surprised to see The Reserve at $600-700/ sq ft one day. Easy money.

Vivo:
Pros: Gated, scenic views, nice pools/parks, right beside NHS, class, exclusivity, early phases.
Cons: HOA fees (which aren't THAT high compared to other single family homes), snakes and coyotes? haha

Marin:

Happiness said:
sherwinsalehii - 1
Irvinecommuter - 0
:)

sherwinsalehii said:

Vivo:

Marin:

It's a lot easier to make choices when you are not making the mortgage payments :)

I completely agree on your idea about Newport Coast being the RR, but my comparison only applied for Marin and Vivo, old buck.

And yes, i'm 15. you can find my account on instagram with the same username if you don't believe me. :)

Burn That Belly said:
sherwinsalehii said:

Vivo:

Marin:

Wow, young buck. You are more bold than I am to call OH3 the Rolls Royce. The RR title should be reserved for Newport Coast folks.

And you're 15 years old? I don't believe it.

Irvinecommuter said:
It's a lot easier to make choices when you are not making the mortgage payments :)

word!

Back