Marin 1H@Eastwood or Vivo Residence 2@Orchard Hills

snjnk

Debating between Marin 1H@Eastwood or Vivo Residence 2@Orchard Hills.
Would like to know the pros and cons of each!!

Thanks.

Isn't Marin cheaper? If you willing to spend more for the views then Vivo. But I think Eastwood homes will sell faster for resales.

Will master bedroom downstairs sell fast for resale or upstairs?
Which one does people like mostly?

snjnk said:
Will master bedroom downstairs sell fast for resale or upstairs?
Which one does people like mostly?

I believe most prefer master bedroom upstairs.
But the price and the location of Eastwood homes generally have more potential buyers. I love Orchard Hills, but I think homes there usually don't sell as fast for it has less target audience. If not planning to sell, Vivo will be my personal choice.

Ok here's what I am thinking, Marin @eastwood is almost coming to their end of  phases and the price is already on the top of the market price.
Vivo @Orchard hills houses is at the beginning of their phases and prices might still go up in their next phases which will increase my home value.

But again for Vivo I have to pay extra $200/month for melloross and HOA which will be a big chunck of money/year. 

Vivo - directly above a 2-lane each way 40mph road w/ minimum traffic light, and I frequently see people drive at ~50-60 mph. Noise will be my biggest concern. If you need to buy Vivo, have to buy the view lot to justify the premium.

Marin - no view, non-gated.

BTW, gated community need to be human-guarded 24X7 in *each* entrance for *both* vehicle and pedestrian, to let the protection be effective. Are both gates in Reserve Orchard Hills human-guarded?

snjnk said:

Thanks.

For myself, the biggest shining point for the Reserve at Orchard Hills is the view.

If not getting the view lot, no obvious reason to buy there.

snjnk said:
For view lot it is going to be 150,000 extra.  :'(

felixcat said:
BTW, gated community need to be human-guarded 24X7 in *each* entrance for *both* vehicle and pedestrian, to let the protection be effective. Are both gates in Reserve Orchard Hills human-guarded?

Did the law change?  I thought that this was illegal in CA?

freedomcm said:
felixcat said:

Did the law change?  I thought that this was illegal in CA?

I don't know.

For some recent theft/burglary cases in Irvine, the criminals entered the communities on foot, or followed another car into the automatic remote gate, which effectively defeats the purpose of "gated".  So you pay 2x more expensive HOA, and get just very limited protection.

I doubt anybody believes gates prevent all crime.  But it definitely keeps out some of the riff-raff.  Check nextdoor and see how many complaints Woodbury gets.

Maserson said:
I doubt anybody believes gates prevent all crime.  But it definitely keeps out some of the riff-raff.  Check nextdoor and see how many complaints Woodbury gets.

Of course nothing can prevent crime 100%. I am just curious whether there is any research done in Irvine area to show crime statistics dependency on the "gated" factor.

Burn That Belly said:
Whether or not gates prevent crimes is irrelevant. The point is that it adds good resale factor and value to the incoming FCB who knows very little about the local crime of the neighborhood. It gives a perceived perception that having it is truly better than not having it and for that reason the real estate market and the FCB-resale market perceives it as a valuable feature and so the price goes up.  Bottom line, you are buying the gated community for resale value more than safety.

BTW, foreign cash is not a sustainable business model - mainly depends on Chinese government FX regulations, for now it is much harder to convert RMB to USD, so fewer FCB recently.

I do see except for the view lots, Reserve OH does not sell very well, plenty of units are still available in already released phases.

Burn That Belly said:
Whether or not gates prevent crimes is irrelevant. The point is that it adds good resale factor and value to the incoming FCB who knows very little about the local crime of the neighborhood. It gives a perceived perception that having it is truly better than not having it and for that reason the real estate market and the FCB-resale market perceives it as a valuable feature and so the price goes up.  Bottom line, you are buying the gated community for resale value more than safety.

Gates are super annoying and cost more in HOA fees. 

I don't think you should have resale value as a determinative factor in buying a place if you are already buying in Irvine.

I'm going to have to disagree with that. Orchard Hills Drive is not a busy street (for now). I have visited Vivo many times and noise was never a concern. For Marin, I know that the last phases are directly next to Jeffery Road, which is a busy street. The only Vivo homes that might have noise as an issue are the ones with a view on the edge of the hill, but those are going to be in future phases. Other than that they are fine in my opinion.

felixcat said:
Vivo - directly above a 2-lane each way 40mph road w/ minimum traffic light, and I frequently see people drive at ~50-60 mph. Noise will be my biggest concern. If you need to buy Vivo, have to buy the view lot to justify the premium.

Marin - no view, non-gated.

snjnk said:

Thanks.

Back