Low inventory?

We have officially hit inventory levels below 200...199 active listings in Irvine as of 8pm.  That was quicker than I thought.

Even the Irvine/Tustin Broker Preview group has put Tustin and Irvine in one document... used to be separate but not enough homes to do that I guess.

ps9 said:
Dual agent too

Right after this house closed, Monica went around the neighborhood passing around tins of cookies and to advertise the fact that she just sold the house for 1M.  Cookies were expired from last month!  With the dual agent commission, she should have been able to afford cookies that weren't 90% off.... 

Is Monica Carr well known to the folks on this board?

She is something of a legend in Portola Springs, specifically in San Carlos, because she sold at least 4 condos there in under a year.

She always draws neighborhood folks in to a "come meet me" open house with cheese and crackers (which surprisingly include pungent onions that always stink up the joint).

Some of the Northwood 2 homes were well over a million when bought new from CalPac, I don't think we're at '05 bubble prices.

ps9 said:
Some of the Northwood 2 homes were well over a million when bought new from CalPac, I don't think we're at '05 bubble prices.
Peak price is around $1.2M for this model. Northwood II hasn't fully recovered as there are many similar properties in Woodbury and Portola. Westpark and Turtle rock houses are selling more than 05 bubble prices now.

Cubic Zirconia said:
201. Anyone want to bet on the end of the year number? Realtors excluded :p

I say we will stay at or above 200 on Dec 31st.
CZ, inventory levels in Irvine have been below 200 since I posted on the 20th.  We are nearing 190 now.

USCTrojanCPA said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

CZ, inventory levels in Irvine have been below 200 since I posted on the 20th.  We are nearing 190 now.

Hmm.. IHB and Redfin still show different numbers..

Cubic Zirconia said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
Cubic Zirconia said:

Hmm.. IHB and Redfin still show different numbers..
Not sure what is causing the difference, but MLS shows 194 active listings as of 3pm (it's been ranging from 192 to 197 the past week). 

So did I win? Was 188 the closest to the end of year number?

So ridiculous... remember when people on the IHB were commenting that when inventory hit 700 that Irvine prices were going to freefall because all those homes would hit the market? 700 would actually be nice to see right now... ugh.

irvinehomeowner said:

So ridiculous... remember when people on the IHB were commenting that when inventory hit 700 that Irvine prices were going to freefall because all those homes would hit the market? 700 would actually be nice to see right now... ugh.
The last time I checked MLS before year-end was around 8ish on 12/31/12 and it showed 183 active listings so looks like you won. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

The last time I checked MLS before year-end was around 8ish on 12/31/12 and it showed 183 active listings so looks like you won.

Good time to sell?

Curious...as to whether the lack of inventory is sustainable.  It is the "low" season for real estate...will we see a glut of homes in April/May?

homer_simpson said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Good time to sell?
It might be a good time to test the market and see how motivated buyers are, if you don't get your price...then you don't sell, it's as easy as that.

Back