MojoJD_IHB
New member
.
MojoJD said:So now that I am all moved in, I thought life would be great. Unfortunately, about 2 weeks after I get in, a neighbor just across the way (in the back alley area where noise travels) moved in. He has one of the "low income housing" plots... yet is a young gentlemen, and has plenty of money to spend on nice new TVs, a nice car, and F*$%&# Beatles Rockband, which he plays horribly and loudly until 1:00am on weeknights with the windows open (and also has his friends who come over to play go smoke cigs and chat loudly on the balcony facing my windows). YOU ARE NOT THE GOD DAMNED WALRUS!!!
How the hell did this guy qualify for low income housing? I am against it altogether, but if there IS going to be low income housing, shouldn't a 3 br place have to go to a family-in-need instead of some bachelor?
Also, anyone have any advice on controlling the nuisance without starting a long, protracted battle?
MojoJD said:Yeah. Regarding the qualification, its the relatively young age, pricey cars, large TV, new console system, new video games, etc. (obviously is not living uber-frugally) that rings my suspicions. I fail to see how this person can qualify for that "low income" mark and still afford the down payment and all the toys.
Perhaps I will go talk to him about the noise eventually.
And hey rancid, maybe you could have just left a note:
![]()
Nude said:Find his:
![]()
They are usually held closed by a simple wire "lock" that can be cut with nail clippers. When the clock strikes 10pm (or whatever seems reasonable) turn the ON switch to OFF.
If he doesn't get the hint, start calling the cops.
bkshopr said:Nude said:Find his:
![]()
They are usually held closed by a simple wire "lock" that can be cut with nail clippers. When the clock strikes 10pm (or whatever seems reasonable) turn the ON switch to OFF.
If he doesn't get the hint, start calling the cops.
Better call the cops at 8pm then snip the panel at 10pm and deal with IPD around 11pm. Forget about filing the report and we all know where the paperwork will end up.
Depending on who his friends are... they may ALWAYS want to come over... bk would be there in a second.graphrix said:Crash one of his Rockband parties and hang out with them one night. Scope out the place and find a location where they would never ever find the open jar of shrimp paste you stashed there. Pretty soon no one will want to come over. Hopefully you don't live down wind from the place...
irvine_home_owner said:Depending on who his friends are... they may ALWAYS want to come over... bk would be there in a second.graphrix said:Crash one of his Rockband parties and hang out with them one night. Scope out the place and find a location where they would never ever find the open jar of shrimp paste you stashed there. Pretty soon no one will want to come over. Hopefully you don't live down wind from the place...
MojoJD said:I've thought about the stink-bomb idea. I brainstormed and imagined that the best way to plant a rot-stink drop is to place the fish into a plastic ziplock baggie along with a large piece of dry ice, and then leave it slightly un-ziplock'd at the top. The generally enclosed area will allow the chunk of dry ice will keep the offending food frozen and stink-free for quite some time (days, depending on the conditions). When the ice "melts" it leaves only gas, so there is no mess or evidence of it being there. Further, you have 3-4 days of deniability - the target wont suspect you because you had not been there in many days.
... I've put way too much thought into this.
bkshopr said:During the Japanese invasion in China women cut their hair, dressed in male attire and spread shrimp paste in their private area.
MojoJD said:I've thought about the stink-bomb idea. I brainstormed and imagined that the best way to plant a rot-stink drop is to place the fish into a plastic ziplock baggie along with a large piece of dry ice, and then leave it slightly un-ziplock'd at the top. The generally enclosed area will allow the chunk of dry ice will keep the offending food frozen and stink-free for quite some time (days, depending on the conditions). When the ice "melts" it leaves only gas, so there is no mess or evidence of it being there. Further, you have 3-4 days of deniability - the target wont suspect you because you had not been there in many days.
... I've put way too much thought into this.