Looking to Buy Townhome/SFH in Irvine

quizzer

I'm looking to buy a townhome or single family home in Irvine. Please help me to locate the best area in Irvine satisfying these requirements:

[list type=decimal]
[*]Will be doing carpool for commute to work. I'm in consulting, so most of my work will be in South Bay, Santa Monica and OC. Carpool is available in culver drive 92612 or i can join my colleagues at northwood or woodbury.
Best public schools - Initially elementary, but also middle and high. Does any of the Irvine elementary scholl overflow to backup schools?
Not far to metro/metrolink station
[*]
[/list]

I will have more questions after hearing from you all.

Thanks

It all depends on your budget. Do you prefer attahced or detached unit? (Attached usually share common walls)
Also, depends if you want new or resale.

My first thought was Tustin Field that flows to IUSD. It is within walking distance of the Tustin Metrolink station.

My personal opinion is that all the IUSD schools are perfectly fine.

eyephone said:
It all depends on your budget. Do you prefer attahced or detached unit? (Attached usually share common walls)

I'm open to attached/detached and new/resale.. budget less than $900K.
Low HOA if at all.

quizzer said:
eyephone said:

I'm open to attached/detached and new/resale.. budget less than $900K.
Low HOA if at all.
Check out West Irvine or Woodbury East...very low or no HOA plus low Mello Roos.  The 5 has carpool then you can get on the 22 or 91 with more carpool.  With your budget you should be able to buy a detached home no problem.

Or the metro station at the other end, so quail hill might be good too, personally like the ebb and flow of the 405 rather than the 5 that direction.  Plus university high school (Harvard makers, lol)

Yeah I do.  That's why my eager interest at BP before finding out the prices.  Lol

Back