Looking for Read & Write Class during Fall Break

propswest_IHB

HI, I'm new to this board and hoping to get some info. for DS who's in 1st grade. He's currently attending a year-round school and has a 3 week break starting in another week. I'm trying to find a tutor or an institution that specializes in reading and writing. I'd like to send him daily for 2-3 weeks so he can get more practice while I'm watching my other 1 year old. I've been searching online and found Bridges Reading and Writing Institute and SCORE Educational Center in Irvine. Has anyone experienced any of these two places or know of anyone that's good in Irvine? Thanks for your help!

[quote author="propswest" date=1253408195]HI, I'm new to this board and hoping to get some info. for DS who's in 1st grade. He's currently attending a year-round school and has a 3 week break starting in another week. I'm trying to find a tutor or an institution that specializes in reading and writing. I'd like to send him daily for 2-3 weeks so he can get more practice while I'm watching my other 1 year old. I've been searching online and found Bridges Reading and Writing Institute and SCORE Educational Center in Irvine. Has anyone experienced any of these two places or know of anyone that's good in Irvine? Thanks for your help!</blockquote>

Don't know exact answer to your question, but you might want to look into <A href="www.headsprout.com">www.headsprout.com</A>

It teaches reading online and pretty much no effort on your part and is smart and can double back to reteach stuff they didn't learn or skipped over.

The kids (4-7) seem to like it too, think it's a fun videogame to play.

Cost is a lot less than a traditional course or center. I hear some of those places actually just sit the kids down at their computer to use this. You might as well just try it at home (has a free trial), cheaper that way.

Hi McMansion:

We tried out headsprout online and our son really liked it! So we are reconsidering our options.

Thank you for your help! =)

Back