Looking for a partner to split Tennis Lessons with my son

We recently introduced our son (10yrs) to Tennis, and he seems completely hooked to the sport. He took private lessons from a college student for a few months and has improved tremendously. However, we moved to Irvine (Turtle Rock) a month back, and are looking to get him back in private lessons.

He is currently enrolled in the group lessons at Turtle Rock community park, but we are dissapointed with how little attention each kid gets from the coach. I guess with 14-15 kids in the group lesson for 1.5 hr, it is difficult for the coach to give much individual playtime to each kid. The coach does seem to be fantastic, and we would love to sign up with him for private lessons, but at $60/hr this will get expensive really fast. We are trying to see if anyone else here has a kid and are willing to split the lessons. We would be interested in 1-2 lessons per week.

I dont know how to receive a PM, but you could simply post a reply.

Thanks!

If you look at the top of the screen, there is an icon for PM's (it is black if there are no messages). If you have a message, it is flashing in green with the number of unread messages under it. Just click on it and you'll get your messages. I don't live in Irvine but I do have the name of a private tennis teacher that does not charge $60

an hour, if you are interested in driving outside of Irvine, let me know. You can PM me by clicking the PM under my name and avatar. Welcome to the IHB :)

Thanks! That is real easy, never knew how the PM thing works!

Regarding the coach outside of Irvine, I will keep it in mind. For now, something close by would be preferable. I am pretty much by myself during the week, as hubby's job keeps him away during the week. That makes me a single mom during the week, dealing with a full time job, kid, school, homework and various kid's activities.

Now that I know how the PM works, please PM me if interested in splitting lessons with my son.

[quote author="newbie_commuter" date=1253106103]Thanks! That is real easy, never knew how the PM thing works!

Regarding the coach outside of Irvine, I will keep it in mind. For now, something close by would be preferable. I am pretty much by myself during the week, as hubby's job keeps him away during the week. That makes me a single mom during the week, dealing with a full time job, kid, school, homework and various kid's activities.

Now that I know how the PM works, please PM me if interested in splitting lessons with my son.</blockquote>

I totally understand. Unfortunately I have to drive to Irvine twice a week for an activity that really is only available there. I actually had to do it 5 days a week during the summer. I guess I'm starting to understand why so many people with kids want to live in Irvine.

Back