Long Beach general thread

[quote author="freedomCM" date=1223018013]but they aren't making anymore 'beach front' land!</blockquote>
Ok, but Long Beach isn't Manhattan Beach, La Jolla, or Santa Moncia.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1223030072][quote author="freedomCM" date=1223018013]but they aren't making anymore 'beach front' land!</blockquote>
Ok, but Long Beach isn't Manhattan Beach, La Jolla, or Santa Moncia.</blockquote>

Well, you're clearly biased against Long Beach and refuse to recognize it for the World Class City(tm) that it truly is.

I bet you think that just because Laguna Beach has "culture," "low crime," and "good schools" (like anybody cares about that superfluous crap) that they have somehow earned the right to appropriate the "<strong>LB</strong>" namesake for those cute, oval-shaped bumper stickers. Lawsuit pending, I promise you.

You're correct that Long Beach isn't Manhattan Beach, La Jolla, or Santa Monica--it is far superior! The asking prices in Long Beach clearly demonstrate that the city is a much cleaner, safer, and more impressive worldwide destination than any of those no-name cities. Santa Yawnica, more like.

FreedomCM correctly states, "they aren't making anymore 'beach front' land!" You know what they're making even less of? Land half a mile from the beach on the other side of 2nd Street. Supply and demand, baby! $723 per square foot for that La Verne property is a STEAL!

[quote author="RE in the LBC" date=1223129971][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1223030072][quote author="freedomCM" date=1223018013]but they aren't making anymore 'beach front' land!</blockquote>
Ok, but Long Beach isn't Manhattan Beach, La Jolla, or Santa Moncia.</blockquote>

Well, you're clearly biased against Long Beach and refuse to recognize it for the World Class City(tm) that it truly is.

I bet you think that just because Laguna Beach has "culture," "low crime," and "good schools" (like anybody cares about that superfluous crap) that they have somehow earned the right to appropriate the "<strong>LB</strong>" namesake for those cute, oval-shaped bumper stickers. Lawsuit pending, I promise you.

You're correct that Long Beach isn't Manhattan Beach, La Jolla, or Santa Monica--it is far superior! The asking prices in Long Beach clearly demonstrate that the city is a much cleaner, safer, and more impressive worldwide destination than any of those no-name cities. Santa Yawnica, more like.

FreedomCM correctly states, "they aren't making anymore 'beach front' land!" You know what they're making even less of? Land half a mile from the beach on the other side of 2nd Street. Supply and demand, baby! $723 per square foot for that La Verne property is a STEAL!</blockquote>
I work in downtown Long Beach and lived in Belmont Shores for a year. My opinion is that Huntington Beach is better than the Long Beach Belmont Shores area. $723/sf a steal for that shack? hahaha I got a bridge that I'd like to sell you.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1223130837][quote author="RE in the LBC" date=1223129971][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1223030072][quote author="freedomCM" date=1223018013]but they aren't making anymore 'beach front' land!</blockquote>

FreedomCM correctly states, "they aren't making anymore 'beach front' land!" You know what they're making even less of? Land half a mile from the beach on the other side of 2nd Street. Supply and demand, baby! $723 per square foot for that La Verne property is a STEAL!</blockquote>
I work in downtown Long Beach and lived in Belmont Shores for a year. My opinion is that Huntington Beach is better than the Long Beach Belmont Shores area. $723/sf a steal for that shack? hahaha I got a bridge that I'd like to sell you.</blockquote>

SC you do realize LB is snarking? Believe me, I live pretty close to this POS and this bank manager who is overseeing this sale is smoking something real good. Probably walked from his downtown LB loft to the corner to buy it

FYI, it's my birthday. That's all I wanted to say. Well, that and thank you for the great discussion on the IHB forums.

Good times!

happy belateds, elbee

(BTW, elbee has a great post on his site today of a POS condo that went for $280k a few years ago just selling for $70k. fun reading)

too bad its on the wrong side of 2nd, badly outdated, and a fixer.

just what i want for that price (not), but it is a mighty fall!

Some people consider that end of Belmont Shore to be the ghetto (if there can be such a thing in BS). Tons of dirt cheap studio apartments on that end. A friend lives in one of these Murphy bed wonders and he has relayed some scary stories of shady neighbors, overdoses, knock-down, drag-out domestic disputes, etc. Plus, with so many people crammed into such a tiny area, parking is an absolute bust. Trying to find a spot the night before street sweeping takes years off your life.

In addition to the Shakey's (or is it a Round Table? Either way, pizza dough made by Big League Chew), it backs to a busy 7/11 and right across the street is Yankee Doodle's with their classy clientele.

Another weird thing about this area of the shore is the wild parrots. Shrieking, maddening, parrots. They are so unbelievably loud and sometimes they'll go all night. Plus, if the only parking spot you can find on Ocean is under a tree, Lord have mercy on your clear coat. We're talking Pterodactyl turds.

This house is pretty nice, no doubt. But there are some (potentially deal-breaking) aspects of this location that, as morekaos pointed out, a MLS listing won't tell you.

<em>Another weird thing about this area of the shore is the wild parrots. Shrieking, maddening, parrots. They are so unbelievably loud and sometimes they?ll go all night. Plus, if the only parking spot you can find on Ocean is under a tree, Lord have mercy on your clear coat. We?re talking Pterodactyl turds.</em>

OMG ! I have tears in my eyes....this is so true. They travel in a huge pack and shriek and chatter at decibel 10 ! They'll just circle and land, then circle and land....non-stop, it is maddening. The buggers live in the palm trees across from Ralph's...right near that 7-11.

I really don't understand how the poeple who live across on Ocean stand it. The noise is pretty much 24/7. That Ralphs has become an upscale Vons "market". It is kinnda wierd they have these small carts and you have to stand in line like the bank for checkout. Think they were going for some ikind of Santa Monica feel. Used to love that store and knew all the checkers. Now they are all gone, victims of the strike.

Only 50K to go to get to it's 2002 sales price !

I wouldn't live on Loynes though...to close to PCH and near all those old "filled in" oil fields. There is a lot of movement on that stretch of road, pavement also buckling.

Back