Long Beach Bike Tour/5k/Marathon/Half Marathon

nilam_IHB

Anyone do the Long Beach event this morning? My husband, Sister-in-law, her husband and I did the bike tour for the third time - it was fun! The nice part is that there are a lot of "normal" bikers like me - I was on a comfort bike and saw beach cruisers, mountain bikes, recumbants, all kinds. It starts at 6:00 am so it was an early morning (and nippy out there too!!!) but a good time.

Yesterday we saw what appeared to be some sort of a bike event in Irvine, along Harvard near Michelson. Anyone know what event that was?

[quote author="ohnelly" date=1223874090]Anyone do the Long Beach event this morning? My husband, Sister-in-law, her husband and I did the bike tour for the third time - it was fun! The nice part is that there are a lot of "normal" bikers like me - I was on a comfort bike and saw beach cruisers, mountain bikes, recumbants, all kinds. It starts at 6:00 am so it was an early morning (and nippy out there too!!!) but a good time.

Yesterday we saw what appeared to be some sort of a bike event in Irvine, along Harvard near Michelson. Anyone know what event that was?</blockquote>

Those rides are a lot of fun! Glad you had a good time...

I'm not aware of any events going on yesterday in this are, maybe you saw the OC Rebel Riders or Bicycle Club of Irvine doing one of their weekly rides?

We got tangled up in the MS 150 ride along the PCH from Irvine to Laguna Beach on Saturday..they were on their way down to Sandy Eggo, it got pretty hazardous at times because some were riding 5 abreast and it was hard to overtake them because we had to get into the Traffic Lane...looked like they were all having fun though!!

Ahh it must have been the same MS 150 ride. We saw them heading down Harvard and later we saw others on MacArthur (near Ford). There were a TON of them! :)

Back