Location versus Home Type?

LookieLucy

Would you buy a single floor older attached home with a large lot in a nice location i.e. Turtle Rock or would you buy a newer zero lotline property  i.e. Portola Springs?

LookieLucy said:
Would you buy a single floor older attached home with a large lot in a nice location i.e. Turtle Rock or would you buy a newer zero lotline property  i.e. Portola Springs?
Tough choice....TR location > Portola Springs location but in my mind a newer zero lot-line home would be preferrable to an attached home (mainly due to it being newer and it having a lower HOA).

Welcome to TI LookieLucy and you post a question that is problematic for everyone.

After a few missteps along the way, we've decided that location trumps home type... but that doesn't mean we will settle for ANY home type.

By the success of Woodbury, you can see there are at least 800+ people last year who decided newer homes in an non-elevated location are acceptable.

LookieLucy said:

Which properties in Portola Springs are zero lotlines?

nytransplant said:

i'm sure there are more... but primrose, and sevilla are two in ps that are "detached condos"... i'm not sure if that's the same as zero lot lines.

LookieLucy said:

i would get the older home in the nicer location... problem is you can't find "an older home in the nicer location" for the same price (incl. mello and hoa)... to the lower-end detached condos in new communities.  (this assumes the house sq ft. are similar)

villagepeople said:
nytransplant said:

i'm sure there are more... but primrose, and sevilla are two in ps that are "detached condos"... i'm not sure if that's the same as zero lot lines.

Zero-lot lines are properties where the house sits on the property line.  Many of the homes in the Sonoma development in Woodbury are zero-lot lines.  On one side of the home there is five feet b/t the house and the side wall.  ON there other side of the house, the wall of the house sits on the property line (i.e the neighbor's property goes up to the wall of the house).

Easy.  Turtle Rock.

The first rule in real estate is location.  I think the second and third are similar. 

Portola Springs is at the base of a hill.  Not good.

Back