Living in Woodbury East

If you look at google maps of Portola, in the north enclave there is a big circle on the satellite view (just north of where Sevilla is suppose to be).  I was wondering if that's the water tank you guys are talking about?

blitzjs said:
If you look at google maps of Portola, in the north enclave there is a big circle on the satellite view (just north of where Sevilla is suppose to be).  I was wondering if that's the water tank you guys are talking about?

Yes, that's the one we are talking about. I believe there are a couple of others in PS north of where they will be building the new enclaves.

wb said:
waitin4ever said:
Living in woodbury east:

Don't know if building of pedestrian bridge across 133 to great park (if it ever happens) is a good thing or a CON. 

Once a saleswoman told me that there is no plan to build the bridge so far.  I personally think it is not a good thing for WBE community. the traffic will make the parking worse.

There is a gate in the back of Monterey community onto Sand Canyon Road.  It is very convenient for people in WE to walk (literally) to Great Park, especially for IVY2 and Monterey residents. This is a big plus as Great Park grows in the next few years.  It makes the pedestrian bridge unnecessary since the bridge connects to institute section and Great Park Neighborhood, not the main park section. If the bridge is ever built, I bet that there would be a great view on the bridge, but it just costs too much.

lcms2002 said:
If the bridge is ever built, I bet that there would be a great view on the bridge, but it just costs too much.

Isn't that what the high mello roos is for?

test said:
lcms2002 said:
If the bridge is ever built, I bet that there would be a great view on the bridge, but it just costs too much.

Talking about Mello Roos, WBE is the lowest among all the new villages. When TIC launched 2010 New Home Collection, they are not sure how the market reacts. So they intentionally lower tax in order to make these new homes sweeter. Look at SGE, a similar village (actually smaller than WBE), their Mello Roos is much higher. I bet we will no longer see WBE level Mello Roos in SG or PA 40 and any other future villages.

lcms2002 said:
test said:
lcms2002 said:

Talking about Mello Roos, WBE is the lowest among all the new villages. When TIC launched 2010 New Home Collection, they are not sure how the market reacts. So they intentionally lower tax in order to make these new homes sweeter. Look at SGE, a similar village (actually smaller than WBE), their Mello Roos is much higher. I bet we will no longer see WBE level Mello Roos in SG or PA 40 and any other future villages.

We shall see how much further TIC greed will carry them. They are betting (correctly so far) that if we build it, the sheeple will come. It will be the same formula--more homes stuffed into a smaller lots, very limited private side alley/yard, high prices, and add into the mix your HOA fees + now higher MR.

iacrenter said:
lcms2002 said:
test said:
lcms2002 said:

We shall see how much further TIC greed will carry them. They are betting (correctly so far) that if we build it, the sheeple will come. It will be the same formula--more homes stuffed into a smaller lots, very limited private side alley/yard, high prices, and add into the mix your HOA fees + now higher MR.

What is the MR at SGE?

M
lcms2002 said:
test said:
lcms2002 said:

Future Mello Roos should actually be going down as bond rates have declined.  I know someone who lives at Riverbend and he told me that his Mello Roos went down this year.  Besides that, construction have also declined due to the slack in the labor market.  I'd love TIC justify why Mello Roos keeps going higher and higher. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
M
lcms2002 said:
test said:
lcms2002 said:

Future Mello Roos should actually be going down as bond rates have declined.  I know someone who lives at Riverbend and he told me that his Mello Roos went down this year.  Besides that, construction have also declined due to the slack in the labor market.  I'd love TIC justify why Mello Roos keeps going higher and higher.

Every time I ask, the sales agents tell me its the price for living in Irvine.  Definitely not the answer I'm looking for.

Mello roos is a price you pay to live in a New or newer home in Irvine.
If you choose to live in an older home, there's no mello roos.

Mello Roos is a price you pay when you live in a community facilities district.  Any community (old or new) can have this added on through voter approval.

Irvine2Irvine said:
Mello roos is a price you pay to live in a New or newer home in Irvine.
If you choose to live in an older home, there's no mello roos.
That's a bunch of horse crap.  Why is the Mello Roos is Woodbury double that of Quail Hill?  Why do cities like Laguna Niguel and Yorba Linda not have Mello Roos for their new home developments?  Maybe because there isn't a land developer monopoly.  TIC is just passing on the cost of putting the infrastructure along with a hefty profit since they are the land developers.  I'd love for them to provide me a budget for the cost of the land development costs to try to justify those the higher and higher Mello Roos costs.  I call it greed.  I wouldn't be surprised if the Mello Roos for Orchard Hills and Laguna Crossing are through the roof.

blitzjs said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
M
lcms2002 said:
test said:
lcms2002 said:

Every time I ask, the sales agents tell me its the price for living in Irvine.  Definitely not the answer I'm looking for.
That's what they are trained to tell you.  I bet none of those sales agents even what a Mello Roos bond is or what goes into the cost.  I'd be fine with paying a higher Mello Roos if they can justify it for me on paper because currently it makes no sense. 

USCTrojanCPA said:
Irvine2Irvine said:
There are no old communities in Irvine that pay mello roos currently.
Westpark I is an older community (built in the 80s) that still pays a small Mello Roos.

I was talking about 30+ year old communities when I said "old" communities.
I guess everyone has a different definition of "old". 

And yes, there are other cities that do not have mello roos even for a brand new house.  I know because I almost bought a house in Yorba Linda a few years ago.  But, the "mello roos for newer house" comment were strictly for Irvine.

Back