Linens and Towels

Chairman

Went shopping today at Macy's and was checking out bedding, rugs, and towels. I looked through their various wares and found the Hotel Collection to be the one I liked best. Can anyone here recommend other stores that have a wide selection to choose from? Are department stores your best bet? Thanks in advance.

Chairman said:
Went shopping today at Macy's and was checking out bedding, rugs, and towels. I looked through their various wares and found the Hotel Collection to be the one I liked best. Can anyone here recommend other stores that have a wide selection to choose from? Are department stores your best bet? Thanks in advance.

It all depends on your taste/style and budget.

What brand is considered high quality for a decent price in towel space? Some of the towels I felt up were really coarse. Pricing I came across for the towels I liked was in the $17-20 range.

Chairman said:
What brand is considered high quality for a decent price in towel space? Some of the towels I felt up were really coarse. Pricing I came across for the towels I liked was in the $17-20 range.

You rookie. ha. Check out TJ Maxx Home Goods. They carry the same stuff found at department stores at a fraction of the cost.

dealcatcher said:
Chairman said:

You rookie. ha. Check out TJ Maxx Home Goods. They carry the same stuff found at department stores at a fraction of the cost.

Haha. Tj maxx stuff is hit or miss. You are getting stuff people dont buy at the dept stores. Ill check them out tho. Thanks.

dealcatcher said:
Chairman said:

True that - so I'm not the only deal hunter here.

Frette linen and bedding has stood the IHS household's OCD twice weekly washing and wear and tear tests. I have used almost every brand including the Bloomingdales and Macy's hotel collections and Costco's white label. Egyptian, high percale and you name it I have tried them all. Mrs loves to wash and dry. I have enough lint from the dryer to make my own mattress. Frette lasted 2 years where other brands lasted 6 months and have holes from excessive washing. Qwerty, the holes were not from Lady Daf.

OCD got out of hand. Must send Frette linen for dry cleaning and press to avoid struggling with wrinkled sheets and a bad night of sleep.
image_zpsa1627c59.jpg

May I suggest this for your wife- http://www.mieleusa.com/usa/laundry/rotaryIron/product.asp?cat=4&subcat=17&model=555&series=126&nav=&snav=&tnav=&oT=175&menu_id=20&active=Our%20Products&subm=Home%20Appliances&thirdL=Laundry%20Care&fourthL=Rotary%20Irons&fifthL=Products&

Does a great job on sheets :)

irvinehomeshopper said:
OCD got out of hand. Must send Frette linen for dry cleaning and press to avoid struggling with wrinkled sheets and a bad night of sleep.
image_zpsa1627c59.jpg

Props to you! I have a lot to learn!

Back