Lightning!

k.o._IHB

So I was just woken up by the most insane lightning! The fact that there was no rain whatsoever for the first five minutes of lightning that shook the entire house really freaked me out at first.

Yay unstable air.

Here in <a href="http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/doppler?id=5750133&mapnum=4&anim=true">Eastside Costa Mesa </a>- did you hear it, did it wake you up, freak you out, etc?

From the <a href="http://forecast.weather.gov/wwamap/wwatxtget.php?cwa=usa&wwa=Short Term Forecast">NOAA</a>:

"SHORT TERM FORECAST

NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE SAN DIEGO CA

212 AM PDT WED JUN 3 2009

CAZ042-043-031000-

ORANGE COUNTY COASTAL AREAS-

SAN DIEGO COUNTY COASTAL AREAS-

212 AM PDT WED JUN 3 2009

.NOW...

A BATCH OF UNSTABLE AIR ASSOCIATED WITH AN UPPER LEVEL LOW

WILL CAUSE ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS AND BRIEF HEAVY SHOWERS

THROUGH 3 AM OVER THE COASTAL ZONES. DANGEROUS LIGHTNING

COULD OCCUR. THE CELLS ARE VERY HIGH BASED AND MOVING VERY

QUICKLY FROM SOUTHWEST TO NORTHEAST AT ABOUT 40 MPH. THE

THREAT OF LIGHTNING AND SHOWERS IS NOT EXPECTED TO LAST

VERY LONG AND PRECIPITATION SHOULD BE ISOLATED AND LESS

THAN ONE TENTH OF AN INCH.

$$

MACKECHNIE

"

i'm now living in eastside costa mesa - that was intense. it did wake me up and was amazed by the intensity, power was knocked out for a bit as well. love mother nature :)

Yep, I was scared. I think it was sign telling us to curb those thoughts of moving out of state for cheaper housing. We are all a bunch of SoCal weather wusses. ;)

I'm next to Vanguard University and we lost power also. Man that was some of the loudest thunder I've ever heard! AWESOME!

I wasn't convinced somebody hadn't drove through the cinderblock wall in the back of my house. That was the loudest g** da** thing I think I ever heard in my life.

[quote author="tmare" date=1244062551]I was just happy the kids didn't wake up, that was crazy!</blockquote>

My youngest did and he was petrified. Had to pull him into our bed. Our oldest slept right through it...

Back