Let's Ball It Up!

The houses might be better... but how is the talent?

I don't recall a lot of places to regularly play hoops in Newport... other than near the beach on one of the numbered streets.

It's a private court for one of the communities.  All the talent came from Irvine LOL  :D

Regulation size courts and clear backboards... those spoiled snobs haha!

B4L was able to make it out to Heritage last Saturday although we played on different teams.

Lots of people there... about 30 guys on 2 courts... got there at 8am and I was like number 18.

irvinehomeowner said:
B4L was able to make it out to Heritage last Saturday although we played on different teams.

Lots of people there... about 30 guys on 2 courts... got there at 8am and I was like number 18.

Sounds fun! Hope to join you guys sometime during Saturdays.

How'd you guys do?

First game, my pick-up team vs. B4L's pick-up team... we won... and yes... I hit another bank 3-pointer (who woulda thunk?) and I think B4L hit a baseline 3 that game too.

I lost the next 2 games after that and decided it was time to give the old knees a break... B4L left before me so I'm not sure how he did in his games.

irvinehomeowner said:
First game, my pick-up team vs. B4L's pick-up team... we won... and yes... I hit another bank 3-pointer (who woulda thunk?) and I think B4L hit a baseline 3 that game too.

I lost the next 2 games after that and decided it was time to give the old knees a break... B4L left before me so I'm not sure how he did in his games.

That bank shot 3 is deadly  ;)

Did you see B4L's infamous hook?

Yea, I think I made that one hook and the 3 in that one game against IHO's team, which was the first game we played.  The other two games after, it wasn't that fun.  :( I guess a good time to show up is around 7 or 730 in the morning. 

B4L: That was one of the first times I've seen it get that crowded that early... usually 7:50am is a good time to show up if you want to get in the first game... but there have been times where I've waited until 8:15am before we had 10 to play the first game.

Homer: The wait isn't long now that both courts are open... and if you can make free throws... you're almost never sitting.

irvinehomeowner said:
One of these days... I gotta get out to Beckman (that is where you go on Tue/Thu right?).

I mostly go on Monday and Tuesdays now.  The competition is getting a little iffy now... gotta find another place to ball soon.  :(

Back