Less market activity these days, and my current "score"

<p>So I'm still in the passive search for a home, but lately it hasn't been a big priority of mine because I've set my backup plan in motion. As some may remember one of the reasons for my home search is to take tax deduction on planned income, and more importantly the predicted cash flow after renting a room or two matches what I pay now for rent. Since we're in September, the tax benefit (on interest) for 2007 is all but gone. My backup plan to roll some income into section 179 deduction has been set in motion so I'm relatively set for 07 (looking forward to '08 now).</p>

<p>Here's my current score: I've offered 665k for two different 700k homes and both were declined. I offered 690k on a 750k foreclosure and the listing agent took a different 690k offer (probably rep buy/sell side). One home I felt slipped away from my hands: listing price 775k, sold for 680k. The agent for one of the 665k offers came back 6 weeks after the initial offer and asked if i want to reconsider (i declined).</p>

<p>These days, I am noticing that the marketplace isn't being "replenished" by new listings, some older listings just stopped selling altogether (damn the hobby sellers) while a few others are closing for fair prices. I'm receiving very little redfin updates as well. Is this normal market trend for september and on? Would I expect to see deals like i've seen in the summer thru the end of the year? Appreciate the insight :)</p>

Back