LePort Montossori at the Lake in Irvine

Irvine2012

Hi,

I am looking to enroll my son in a Montessori school in Irvine. The closest one and the only one I could so far find is the Le-Port Montessori by the lake in Irvine. I went through the tour, but I love to hear from other parents who experienced that school. Do they really focus on the Montessori method or just a name? Are the teacher love to help young kids learn? Any suggestions please. Thanks in advance.

we have a tour there next week.  my friends have both their kids at the san marino location and are very happy with it.  their 4 year old is the smartest i have ever met but i think thats more due to super smart parents...

i didnt say she was smart...i said smartest.  compared to the rest of kids her age that i have met, she is light years ahead of them.  she writes, can add and subtract, and speaks really well for that age group.

in any case, i was saying it in jest as there is no way a sample of 1 will prove or disprove the quality of leport...

Irvine2012,

We recently moved to the area (as my username suggests), and our 2 year old daughter has been at Leport Lake for about 3 months.  It's her first time going to any kind of daycare/preschool. 

After her initial adjustment period of a couple of weeks she loves it there, and so far so good from a parent's point of view.  They do practice their interpretation of the Montessori method, and at the couple of meetings we've had with her teacher and the head of school, they can be quite specific about what that means and how we can be consistent at home.  Not that we're necessarily very good at heeding their advice...

We'd also considered Irvine Montessori School on Cartwright off Main, but liked both the location and physical setup of Leport Lake better.  (Irvine Montessori School is different from Montessori Schools of Irvine, which is the one with the multi-year waiting lists in multiple locations around Irvine.)

If you have specific questions please email and I'll try to answer as best I can.

Back