Leaving Park West in August, needing something better for my money.

calguy_IHB

This is my situation, I am new to Southern California and have been living in Park West Since August. I am paying $1415 for a one bedroom place that is clearly not worth it (I know Irvine is expensive, but this complex is outdated for that amount). I am looking for a studio or one bedroom apartment.

I was talking to someone who used to live in Park West, and now they told me that The Park at Irvine Spectrum is offering great deals since they are trying to find tenants to fill up the complex. Is there any truth to this at all? I also, am wondering if The Irvine Company gives discounts to anybody moving from one Irvine Company property to another?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!

[quote author="calguy" date=1246617676]This is my situation, I am new to Southern California and have been living in Park West Since August. I am paying $1415 for a one bedroom place that is clearly not worth it (I know Irvine is expensive, but this complex is outdated for that amount). I am looking for a studio or one bedroom apartment.

I was talking to someone who used to live in Park West, and now they told me that The Park at Irvine Spectrum is offering great deals since they are trying to find tenants to fill up the complex. Is there any truth to this at all? I also, am wondering if The Irvine Company gives discounts to anybody moving from one Irvine Company property to another?

Any help or advice is greatly appreciated!</blockquote>
They probably will offer some big discounts as they open it up to get the ball rolling on leasing it up. The Enclave is running a free month of rent. Check on craigslist to see what the best deals for the IAC complexes that you are interested in.

[quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246688957][quote author="calguy" date=1246617676]This is my situation, I am new to Southern California and have been living in Park West Since August. I am paying $1415 for a one bedroom place that is clearly not worth it (I know Irvine is expensive, but this complex is outdated for that amount). I am looking for a studio or one bedroom apartment.

They probably will offer some big discounts as they open it up to get the ball rolling on leasing it up. The Enclave is running a free month of rent. Check on craigslist to see what the best deals for the IAC complexes that you are interested in.</blockquote>
Are there generally big discounts on new IAC complexes?

[quote author="calguy" date=1246617676]This is my situation, I am new to Southern California and have been living in Park West Since August. I am paying $1415 for a one bedroom place that is clearly not worth it (I know Irvine is expensive, but this complex is outdated for that amount). I am looking for a studio or one bedroom apartment.

My advice depends on how you answer the following question...

Are you, or are you not, an open and notorious Celtics fan?

[quote author="calguy" date=1246706776][quote author="usctrojanman29" date=1246688957][quote author="calguy" date=1246617676]This is my situation, I am new to Southern California and have been living in Park West Since August. I am paying $1415 for a one bedroom place that is clearly not worth it (I know Irvine is expensive, but this complex is outdated for that amount). I am looking for a studio or one bedroom apartment.

They probably will offer some big discounts as they open it up to get the ball rolling on leasing it up. The Enclave is running a free month of rent. Check on craigslist to see what the best deals for the IAC complexes that you are interested in.</blockquote>
Are there generally big discounts on new IAC complexes?</blockquote>
Typically speaking, yes. The goal for IAC is to stabilize the occupancy of their properties at a certain percentage (90%+) and will more incentives (free rent, lower rents, etc). That is one of the reasons why I'm considering move to The Enclave (they are offering one free month of rent, used to be 6 weeks free rent) as it's only 60-70% occupied.

Watch out, though. Typically these new, lease up properties only offer longer term leases with no lease break options. If that's important to you, it's best to find a more established community.

Back