Leasing a car

swonger

Will be relocating to Irvine from the east coast next month and would like to line up a lease on a vehicle by the time i arrive.  Does anyone have any good experiences with various car salesman or particular dealerships in the Irvine area?  I am looking to lease a new 2013 BMW or Mercedes suv.  Any and all info would help.  Thank you in advance

I haven't personally leased from Irvine BMW but have heard good things about them and have a co-worker that has. BMW lets you put 7 Multiple Security Deposits on a lease which is a great idea. (with no other money down).

Focus on negotiating the selling price of the vehicle.

Go to crevier and talk to Diamond.  Tell him Will who bought two X5s from him referred you. 

I'm not sure which SUV you are getting but go to bmwconfig and price it out.. Check out the MF.. Wouldn't pay anything above $500 over invoice.

HOMEOWNER SIMPSON said:
Go to crevier and talk to Diamond.  Tell him Will who bought two X5s from him referred you. 

I'm not sure which SUV you are getting but go to bmwconfig and price it out.. Check out the MF.. Wouldn't pay anything above $500 over invoice.

+1 for Crevier.

Jerry Barnes is the leasing manager.
He has a terrible softball swing, but can get you the car connection you're looking for.

-IR2

For MBZ, go to Anaheim Hills and ask for the sales manager, Todd Carter.  For servicing your car, go to Laguna Niguel.  Avoid Fletcher.

When getting a car, do your homework first.  Configure the car on their website, go to TrueCar.com and configure the car to see what the lowest price people are buying the car for & the invoice price, ask the dealer what deals they have going.  Depending on the model, there are certain cars that will have better deals simply because they want to move the cars off their lot and/or have greater incentives coming from the manufacturer that can potentially be passed onto you.

But bottom line, negotiate the price of the car whether you are leasing or buying.  If leasing, the salesperson will generally try to sell you a payment.  Negotiate the price because typically the lease factor rate and residual value are pre-set (at least I think that they are).  If leasing, I would lean towards avoiding paying cap cost reduction.

If some of my assumptions are wrong, please correct me so I can get a better deal next time.

Good luck

homer_simpson said:
Can anyone recommend a salesperson for a Mercedes?

I worked with Russ Ellis from Laguna Niguel, he offered me a good deal without fighting me on anything, and was open about all the numbers (MSRP, sales price, money factor, residual, etc.) he used instead of just giving me a monthly payment amount.  In the end, he couldn't get the dealer in San Francisco to trade him for the car I wanted, but I still had a good experience with him.  Ended up buying at Fletcher Jones because they were able to get a car in the color combo I wanted.  The deal wasn't as good at FJ and the salesman was not very open about the numbers, insisting on talking monthly payments only.  I would go back to Russ before my lease ends to give him a little more time to get the car I want.

Hubs and I bought my ML350 last year from Tony Payan at FJC.. overall he was a good salesperson.. the finance guy was BEYOND TERRIBLE and kept pushing us to lease etc but we were firm and got what we wanted.

.. I originally wanted to purchase through Anaheim Hills but if I needed a loaner car/free car wash I'd have to go to their location. Overall it was just easier buying from FJC because its so close to where we live.

homer_simpson said:
Can anyone recommend a salesperson for a Mercedes?

Alex Livadas at FJ Mercedes.  http://www.theshowroomtv.com/  Great guy and great service.  I bought a car from him when he was at The House of Imports in Buena Park.  However FJ usually don't have the best price, you probably had to haggle harder here.

Got a car last night from Fletcher Jones... After a few emails and 2 hours of talk it's been done. 

Thanks all for the feedback and rec.

irvinehomeowner said:
Another one?

What happened to the Tesla X?

Man you collect cars and houses like I collect extra weight.

LOL! Homer has a pattern. House -> car-> baby. He is on round 2. House and car are done now - wait for the next announcement :)

I am waiting for his Tesla more than he is! Will end up having that coffee date once he gets his ride.. more to see the car than him.

Ahh... so this is why Homer didn't wait for the Tesla X:
http://www.engadget.com/2014/02/20/tesla-model-x-delayed/

During an interview with Bloomberg prior to Tesla's earnings call yesterday, CEO Elon Musk discussed a few interesting tidbits. The most significant revelation is that the Model X SUV, which was first detailed in 2012 and originally set to begin production late last year, is now delayed until 2015. Musk cited several reasons for the delay, such as a need to focus on Model S distribution efforts, including expanding sales to China, along with his own personal dissatisfaction with current prototypes. Tesla also needs to boost battery production before it can roll out SUVs at a speedy enough pace to meet demand, which Musk expects will exceed Model S adoption.

irvinehomeowner said:

During an interview with Bloomberg prior to Tesla's earnings call yesterday, CEO Elon Musk discussed a few interesting tidbits. The most significant revelation is that the Model X SUV, which was first detailed in 2012 and originally set to begin production late last year, is now delayed until 2015. Musk cited several reasons for the delay, such as a need to focus on Model S distribution efforts, including expanding sales to China, along with his own personal dissatisfaction with current prototypes. Tesla also needs to boost battery production before it can roll out SUVs at a speedy enough pace to meet demand, which Musk expects will exceed Model S adoption.

There's mroe to it  :mad:

Troller_Simpson said:
irvinehomeowner said:

There's mroe to it  :mad:

do tell man.

@troller - been meaning to ask you for a while, does your buddy in CS own a BMW dealership or what? never seen that many 7 series in one place outside a bmw dealership.

Back