Lease Renewal Time! (soon)

I'll be in the market again for a new place or renewing my lease...

It'll either be myself for a new place or staying with my roommate with the current place.

Suggestions to make this a fun experience? I've done this like for the past 5 years in Irvine.

[quote author="anteaterscientist"]I'll be in the market again for a new place or renewing my lease...

It'll either be myself for a new place or staying with my roommate with the current place.

Suggestions to make this a fun experience? I've done this like for the past 5 years in Irvine.
[/quote]

1. I have provided closed lease comp info here: www.irvinerealtorsite.com for you to pull closed comps for yourself. You can show the owner/landlord that comparable properties have leased recently at about $X/month instead of your current, higher $Y/month lease amount, and ask that you would like to pay current market rate. If your current rate is below market, zip your lip and see #2.

You can also point out the costs of vacancy, your good payment history, and selling expenses for advertising it for lease. This is called "placing a harm."

2. Soju.

3. Decide rent price over a game of darts.

(Be careful when combining options 2 and 3.)

All of these possibilities should be more fun.
-IrvineRealtor

Back