Leading indicators for recession

1-1.5 hr wait at javiers isnt bad compared to the 3 hr waits i've experienced there up to a yr after it opened. if anything a 1 hr wait there would indicate its business is slowing!

I wouldn't even think about trying that place without a reservation. And even with those, you usually need to call a few days in advance if it's for the weekend.

irvine 123 or anyone who has had peppinos - is that place any good? i noticed it at the woodbury center a couple of days ago.

I've been to Javier's a bunch of times, but the only time I can recall actually going into the dining room is on the way to the restroom. When your meal is ordered by the pitcher, it is usually of no consequence if you need to stand.

qwerty - Peppino's is great - good food, good prices. Their bar is the place to be though, lots of plasmas, booze, and dark wood...great place to watch a football game.

I have no idea if this means anything, but my daughter's piano lessons, which are usually packed, are now only half full.

<p>"...in what year that there was a YOY job loss in that sector for December in the last 17 years? Here is a hint... there has only been 1 year that has happened."</p>

<p>My first guess is 1991 when our local economy was as bad as it was during the depression.</p>

<p>My second guess is 2001 because of 9/11.

</p>

Major S wins the IHB of the day. It was 1991. 2001 was still a good year for job growth here in OC, and it wasn't until 2002 when the tech jobs started to decline.

Sorry Troop, a very good guess, as the foreclosures here were at the worst level on record. (Soon to be shattered by 2008 breaking the records). But, in 94, 95 and 96, OC had really great job growth. Kinda dispels the myth that foreclosures only happen when there are job losses. So, what happens when you have record foreclosures and job losses? I dunno, but it looks like we will find out.

Back