Last minute options for childcare

gpower25

So our full-time babysitter has started to ditch us last minute and we often have to take our vacation hours. This is placing a lot of stress on our jobs. She is great with our 20 month old but we have to find other options.

I was wondering if it is better to have him enrolled in a daycare part-time or hire a babysitter last minute?
Any suggestions on which part-time daycare or which agency can provide us a babysitter at short notice? Or maybe we can hire another babysitter part-time?

Thanks, inputs are greatly appreciated.

I'd recommend full-time daycare. They don't ditch at the last minute because they have a lot of staff. Have a part-time baby sitter to cover for when the kid is sick or daycare takes a holiday that your work doesn't have off.

There are pros and cons to daycare vs sitter... daycare is fun for them as they interact with other kids (but then they will get all the different sicknesses that are about)... and you can get a tax break for it.

Sitter you have more control of but you are the mercy of their schedule.

Since this is last minute, I'm not sure what kind of options you have in Irvine as many of the preschools have waiting lists but I would look into Childtime or KinderCare.

I'd do daycare as well, but prefer a montessori environment.  Most do have waitlists, but try spectrum montessori, they opened up earlier this year and may have a spot for ur 20 month old.  I know they have a waitlist for infants as I'm on that list, but I think they have a spot open for toddler.  I just referred a friend there for his 22 month old and he told me that toddler is almost full.  he got in but they said only a few spots left.  That was about 2 weeks ago.  I think they have part time there as well, but not sure.

Back