Las Ventanas by Taylor Morrison at Portola Springs

Baby Irvine said:
Thanks Trojan, the lender is suntrust and they are requiring me to carry an escrow as it is an investment property. That is interesting as the lender is willing to roll my entire 3% towards closing. Perhaps the rules are different in ca and ga.

Thanks for responding.
Yeah, it may depend on the lender and/or state.  Go ahead and fund your escrow impound account with your commission to suck up any overage on commission so they aren't going to be taxable.

For those who have already closed...can anyone share if you used Taylor Morrison's lender or a 3rd party lender?  Also - how many days notice did TM give you when they confirmed the actual close date?

Any advice is appreciated, thanks! :)

PS2012 said:
For those who have already closed...can anyone share if you used Taylor Morrison's lender or a 3rd party lender?  Also - how many days notice did TM give you when they confirmed the actual close date?

We used Taylor Morrison in house lending. At the last minute they kicked in a rebate (not previously negotiated) on top of the builder credit on options.  I was skeptical but TM funding used my outside lender GFE and matched my outside lender rate, costs and fees plus threw in credit toward closing costs. 

John and Laura seemed very up front on their estimated completion date on when your house was realistic to finish construction.  They will ask you select a date of close around 3 weeks before estimated completion date.

To make things even better with our home purchase, we also received a commission rebate from USC Trojan to walk away with zero out of pocket closing costs. 

variable229 said:
PS2012 said:

We used Taylor Morrison in house lending. At the last minute they kicked in a rebate (not previously negotiated) on top of the builder credit on options.  I was skeptical but TM funding used my outside lender GFE and matched my outside lender rate, costs and fees plus threw in credit toward closing costs. 

John and Laura seemed very up front on their estimated completion date on when your house was realistic to finish construction.  They will ask you select a date of close around 3 weeks before estimated completion date.

To make things even better with our home purchase, we also received a commission rebate from USC Trojan to walk away with zero out of pocket closing costs.

I'm hoping to get a little bit of advice since I'm a first time home buyer. We are due to close escrow next month and TM funding has been very slow in approving our loan and even responding to phone calls. Anyhow, we received a better interest rate through our bank Morgage officer than the going market rate right now. Additionally, he is offering 3000 back vs 2500 at TM. TM is unable to match itand They have already charged us the $500 for the home appraisal. Our bank officer is asking us for the same $500 to do their own appraisal and I need to mak this decision by tomorrow because they say that we need to start the application right away in order to close on time. He was able to tell me that the rate is locked in and he can provide us a commitment letter even before I've submitted any financial documentation. Is this possible because TM has been asking us for little bits of documentation every couple of weeks and we still don't have a commitment letter yet. They keep saying the loan should be approved any day now and its been weeks since they've promised that. Can the bank really do this that much faster? The loan guy seems very eager for our business which makes me a bit more weary. Any advice would be appreciated!

Jenita143 said:
variable229 said:
PS2012 said:

I'm hoping to get a little bit of advice since I'm a first time home buyer. We are due to close escrow next month and TM funding has been very slow in approving our loan and even responding to phone calls. Anyhow, we received a better interest rate through our bank Morgage officer than the going market rate right now. Additionally, he is offering 3000 back vs 2500 at TM. TM is unable to match itand They have already charged us the $500 for the home appraisal. Our bank officer is asking us for the same $500 to do their own appraisal and I need to mak this decision by tomorrow because they say that we need to start the application right away in order to close on time. He was able to tell me that the rate is locked in and he can provide us a commitment letter even before I've submitted any financial documentation. Is this possible because TM has been asking us for little bits of documentation every couple of weeks and we still don't have a commitment letter yet. They keep saying the loan should be approved any day now and its been weeks since they've promised that. Can the bank really do this that much faster? The loan guy seems very eager for our business which makes me a bit more weary. Any advice would be appreciated!
No way you can get a loan commitment without a full underwriting, which includes the appraisal.  Did the mortgage officer provide you with a GFE (Good Faith Estimate) or was it just something that they told you or emailed you?  I think TM is swamped right now with the number of closings coming up (they are trying to close as many homes as they can before year end).  Remember, if something seems too good to be true than it probably is.

The morgage officer just gave us the terms over the phone and via email. He wants us to go in and put together the application tomorrow, which seems a bit rushed but he says its so he can make sure we still close on time.

Jenita143 said:
The morgage officer just gave us the terms over the phone and via email. He wants us to go in and put together the application tomorrow, which seems a bit rushed but he says its so he can make sure we still close on time.
Just as I thought...BS.  If it's not on a GFE, it's worthless.  So he is saving you $500 but then you have to pay another $500 for an appraisal from his lender so net-net it's a wash.  TM is actually pretty competitive on their pricing from what my buyers have told me (not amerisave low but not too far off).

The worst thing one could do to a home is to furnish it with heavy and bulky Costco furniture for that cheap stapled MDF Persian palatial Forbidden City elegance.

A listing like that is where you see a difference in realtors. Were the pictures taken with a phone? So dark and bad centering.

They could remove some of those things too to make it look more spacious.

irvinehomeowner said:
A listing like that is where you see a difference in realtors. Were the pictures taken with a phone? So dark and bad centering.

Yup. The seller doesn't realize that spending a few hundred dollars on a photographer and a few hundred on staging is a better use of time than spending six straight Saturday and Sundays hosting open houses (the home is for sale by owner)

paperboyNC said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Yup. The seller doesn't realize that spending a few hundred dollars on a photographer and a few hundred on staging is a better use of time than spending six straight Saturday and Sundays hosting open houses (the home is for sale by owner)
A listing agent pays for the marketing of a home that they have listed, that included pictures, video tours, flyers, etc.  My guess is that the owner/agent believes that their home shows just fine and doesn't believe that it requires any changes.

If the owner is the listing agent... that's even worse... unless they are just someone who happens to have a broker's license.

Any good listing agent would know about staging, photos etc... I'm not even a realtor and I could do a better job listing that house.

irvinehomeowner said:
If the owner is the listing agent... that's even worse... unless they are just someone who happens to have a broker's license.

Any good listing agent would know about staging, photos etc... I'm not even a realtor and I could do a better job listing that house.

That seems to be the case

Back