Larry is at it again

Looks like several people are asking about the "Demise of the Forum" over on Larry`s Blog this morning.

"I've been away. What all happened to the forums? Were there discussions on it? Tell me, please, someone?

Lets see if he even says a word about it.

Yeah, if anyone knows who NoWay is, he's been shut out with no info. I don't think a post on the blog re-directing him would stay up.

[quote author="tmare"]Yeah, if anyone knows who NoWay is, he's been shut out with no info. I don't think a post on the blog re-directing him would stay up. [/quote]

I have that info and will contact NoWowWay.

Update: I apparently don't have the contact info on my current computer, and my regular is currently unavailable for a day or two. If someone else has NWW's info, feel free to contact him / her and let him / her know where we are now.

Update 2: I found it and have contacted NWW.

Thanks for contacting NoWay, Eva. I'm wondering if other people can think about who is missing and how to contact them.

Did anyone else peep back over at the IHB forums today, for old time sakes? I feel like I've been in a X-File cover up... all evidence has been erased...

[quote author="roundcorners"]Did anyone else peep back over at the IHB forums today, for old time sakes? I feel like I've been in a X-File cover up... all evidence has been erased...[/quote]

No. Why would I?

I am surprised by the sudden involvement of Shevy.

I think the IHB knew he had to start participating more and they didn't want him to do it on the forums. I wish we had a chance to get to know him so we could have more insight as to their business model.

Did Shevy go to the last IHB meet-up?

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]Did Shevy go to the last IHB meet-up?[/quote]

Yes, he did. I met him for the first time (briefly).

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]I am surprised by the sudden involvement of Shevy.[/quote]

You were? I'm not.

I think the IHB knew he had to start participating more and they didn't want him to do it on the forums.

I suspect this is exactly why the forums were shut down - turn out the lights and introduce Shevy in the dark. The truth might set you free, but in light of their actions, you have to assume that "mushrooming" is the name of the game.

Even if that's true, I'm not going to go back and troll them because I don't want to give them the traffic. I sincerely wish them the best of luck, and I sincerely wonder what they are going to do when this latest action flops.

I went over to the forums because out of habit I clicked on the bookmark, that I have since deleted.

I am a little pissed off that they deleted some of the threads and then locked the boards up. If they were going to delete the bad they should delete the good.

I think Larry will be fine because he has his old Job he isn't counting on real estate for the money.

I think the idea of monetizing a site that was/is dedicated to the deflation of the housing buble was misguided.

The only way to look like you were not talking out of your corn hole was to say the market was at it's bottom. Which he couldn't say.

So he pissed off a community of supporters that kept his site getting hits.

To be honest the "blog" itself got boring and repetitive it was the forums that provided the real education.

How many times can you read the same "knife catcher" thread.

I read one of Shevy's insightful posts. I read somewhere that they said something about gold is basically what he said. NO link or stat's or anything.

I think the IHB will fail as far as traffic but the participants may succeed, once they get the wake up call.

You don't have to troll them. Some of the discussion on the main blog is still interesting. I know they pissed a lot of people off by shutting down the forums, but the blog comments are still a good read, and you can still argue on it.

There is still good information on IHB. Don't stop using it because of the recent action.

I went back to the forums because it was a bookmark and a habit. I noticed they deleted the entire "why did the chicken cross the road" thing and they deleted the link to here.

If it werent' for the forums I would have stopped going to IHB after a few months. It is like those movies where the premise is the same but they just use different actors and a different name.

The forums with the great regular posters is where the real education is.

I equate it to school. The blog was grade school and the forums were college. No offense to Larry but gotta admit it was the same post many times just the property and knife catcher had different names.

No reason to go back.

The Blog is the Home of AZDavid. I need to ask that guy again how many days over 100 degress was it this year in Phoenix ?
While he slams Irvine and our Schools.

Looks like more questions regarding "What Happened to the Forums" are coming up again today.

Yeah... I'm sorry... I'm just tired of AZDave.

He spouts on like he is an expert in all things Real Estate, Finance and Economy but still makes comments about a local area he has very little knowledge of. He talks constantly about home debt yet rents so has no perspective about the other side of it.

I think just his presence makes the blog very unappealing to me and I wonder why IR is so enamored with him. I guess maybe the same can be said about me on the forums.

Which is exactly why I won't go back.

You could pick 5 posts do a find and replace with some of the specifics and then copy and paste most of the same comments.

Like groundhogs day.

I was just going to post something on the blog. Poof. The site went down.

Did a tracert and it looks like his ISP or his server is down.

Maybe its the rain ?

[quote author="irvinehomeowner"]
I think just his presence makes the blog very unappealing to me and I wonder why IR is so enamored with him. [/quote]

That is a great question, because AZDave's cheerleading of other like minded fringe characters on the blog certainly does nothing to appeal to the mainstream --- and my guess is the mainstream are the ones most likely to be home shopping....which should be IR's target audience, right?

I think the core connection is that IR and AZDave share a common love for silly photoshopping of images. That's all great fun and good for a few simple minded laughs. But are silly images really the type of content that will impress those reviewing potential suitors to trust the single biggest financial decision of their lives with?

Why do you think AZDavid has anything to do with IR or Zovall. He is just another guy posting his opinions and photoshops. I don't see the IHB overlords in collusion with him. There is no connection. I actually like reading his comments, but I see better photoshops on fark.

AZDavid is like a comic foil for Larry.

"A foil is a person that contrasts with another character (usually the protagonist) in order to highlight various features of the main character's personality: to throw the character of the protagonist into sharper relief. A foil usually has some important characteristics in common with the other character, such as, frequently, superficial traits or personal history"

Or in this case. Being a Photoshop Junkie.

I don't think AZDave is connected to IR/Zov but there is definitely some affinity between him and IR.

Even when AZDave came into the forums and starting deriding some of the regulars... IR didn't say anything to him. And then once everyone fought back and he got thoroughly spanked by a poster named lawyer-something on the main blog, he cried and stopped posting for a length of time even with IR asking him not to (almost pleadingly).

I do think he's a smart guy but I also think he feels he knows more about our local area than he really does. And whenever any poster presents him with a counter he can't respond to, he either backtracks, pulls out his "strawman" card (he uses that argument so much it's nauseating) or just doesn't respond.

I hardly see IR disagree with AZ or vice versa, which is not normal on the web... people ALWAYS disagree.

Back