Landscaping Plan - approval

mms2020 said:
RCV said:
Coincidentally, I got the results of the HOA review of my landscaping plan.  It's unfortunate that it was declined :( -- although I think their comments were minor..

and there my saga continues.

Can you comment on what were their objections?

1. They asked for the distance between the pilasters and the wall.
2. They have an issue with plant magnolia because of the roots
3. They want the general guidelines indicated on the plan

RCV said:
mms2020 said:
RCV said:
Coincidentally, I got the results of the HOA review of my landscaping plan.  It's unfortunate that it was declined :( -- although I think their comments were minor..

I am surprised about magnolia as it is one of their approved trees and in fact is a street tree all over PP.

Thanks for the info.

mms2020 said:
RCV said:
mms2020 said:
RCV said:

I am surprised about magnolia as it is one of their approved trees and in fact is a street tree all over PP.

Thanks for the info.

I'm curious about magnolia are not allowed, so I look up Cypress Village's HOA regulation.  Apparently magnolia are permitted in the community but only certain type of magnolia (Little Gem So. Magnolia and St. Mary?s Magnolia) are allowed in the back yard. 

My landscaping plan got rejected too last week.  OMG!!  Anyhow I won't go into it now but I'm shocked HOW detailed they want the plan and how they refuse to allow even a Brisbane tree to have a 2 feet setback.  Even though they plant Brisbane trees all over the side walk with a 2 feet setback they are demanding a 3 for my yard.

Don't even get me started on the fountain.  Anyhow back to the drawing board. 

ZeroLot said:
My landscaping plan got rejected too last week.  OMG!!  Anyhow I won't go into it now but I'm shocked HOW detailed they want the plan and how they refuse to allow even a Brisbane tree to have a 2 feet setback.  Even though they plant Brisbane trees all over the side walk with a 2 feet setback they are demanding a 3 for my yard.

Don't even get me started on the fountain.  Anyhow back to the drawing board. 

Does your "fountain" have anything looks like this in it?

Attachments

• Iron Throne.jpg
    Iron Throne.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 101
Just curious, if it is on your backyard, how would the HOA enforce it down the road ?  Would they send in someone to check your backyard every year to make sure you didn't change anything on the plan that they approved ?

GH said:
Just curious, if it is on your backyard, how would the HOA enforce it down the road ?  Would they send in someone to check your backyard every year to make sure you didn't change anything on the plan that they approved ?
They do check if you ever sell.

If not part of a previous plan they approved, you have to get approval in order to get sign-off from the HOA during a home sale.

Some are strict, some are not.

Back