Landscaper suggestions in Portola Springs

pricedoutJay

I have a small patio (about 500 sq ft) in Portola Springs.  Do I have to use a professional to get approval from HOA or can I DIY it? 

Has anyone used any landscaper in PS who can do all necessary permits and paper work so I won't have to do?
I'm just going to do very basic and inexpensive patio.  Thanks.

Home owner can actually draw their own design and submit the plan to HOA for approval.  It's just that if the owner not familiar with the HOA regulation and make some errors,  the application will be denied. 

But the professional got denied all the time too if they don't follow the HOA rule for the specific community closely.

And check out this post from few years ago.  The poster draw his own landscaping design and got approved by HOA.
http://www.talkirvine.com/index.php/topic,4097.msg64239.html#msg64239

Depends on your skills and inclination level.  If you can produce a basic sketch to submit to the HOA then you don't need someone to do that for you.  Problem with a small job is that many contractors aren't interested.

Rather than pour concrete, you can use brick pavers which are easier to install.  If you make a mistake, you can always re-do it.  Home Depot will drop ship a pallet of the building materials if you pay for delivery.  You can rent the necessary tools at Home Depot as well.  Just make sure you get information as to the process.  YouTube is a great resource.

The 1/2" drip irrigation tubing lines are easy to install.  Check YouTube for videos.  The only item you may want to hire a gardener for is installing and connecting the valves to the water main.  However, if you are handy with plumbing you could do that as well. 

Has anyone used Nu Era Landscaping with Sean?  I heard they were specializing a smaller backyard and patio landscaping/hardscaping.

Back