Landscape Proposals

i7iceguy_IHB

Hello,

I am a first time home owner at portola springs and I am attempting to get my landscape plans approved. Does anyone know anything about landscape proposals? I've been trying to submit my landscape proposal but the association keeps denying based on the fact that they want me to place two trees where I do not want to place them.

Does anyone know the proper process that happens if I like to appeal their response? Also what are the rules about doing your yard without getting approved?

Thanks any help would be appreciated.

Albert

just put the tree on the form, then you will done with it...they don't check usually....

Your CC&R probably callout for trees for sfh at the front yard.

they do ask for pictures, but you don't have to show them the front yard tree. My point to you is: get them off your back, and you can at least start the construction. You can debate the tree with them later.

iceguy, is it really deserted-feeling there at night? Which neighborhood are you in? I have been wondering - I know the apartments are kind of populated but what about the rest of the development? Do you ever feel freaked out isolated? Or, is it not as bad as I'm imagining and, in fact, you wish all your neighbors would go on vacation with their dogs and kids?

Just curious.

ISM

i built my yard even with denials. what are they going to do, ask you to tear out the concrete because it was "slate-grey" and not "standard-grey?"

i agree. take the pictures from a nice convenient angle that doesn't show the trees.

Hey Irvinesinglemom,

When I first moved in, it was pretty quiet. I kind of like that about my community. That's just my personal opinion. Now, a lot of people are living at Portola Springs but still it remains quieter than the neighborhoods I've lived at before. (Westpark2, Woodbury, Northpark, Northwood)

I really like the nice little isolated area we have. Everyday when I drive home on Sand Canyon, feels like I'm driving into the mountains because thats all you see. I love it. We are also on a little higher elevation that allows me to see all of Irvine when I look out my patio. So far, I love where I live and the silence :)

Oh and I am in Paloma.

Fraychielle,

Thats what I was thinking too but I did not know if these "regulations" were as strict as they advertise.

Thanks for all the responses.

Albert

Back