Landfill Proximity

OC troll

"Landfill" seems to be a subject of discussion when comparing villages.

Attachments

• Cypress Village Elem.png
    Cypress Village Elem.png
    810.4 KB · Views: 285
  • Orchard Hills School.png
    Orchard Hills School.png
    755.8 KB · Views: 301
  • Stonegate Elem.png
    Stonegate Elem.png
    808.4 KB · Views: 284
  • Pavillion Park.png
    Pavillion Park.png
    845.6 KB · Views: 233
Additional villages with Baker ranch thrown in.

Attachments

• Lambert Ranch.png
    Lambert Ranch.png
    850.6 KB · Views: 247
  • Baker Ranch.png
    Baker Ranch.png
    804.7 KB · Views: 220
  • Beacon Park.png
    Beacon Park.png
    845.7 KB · Views: 203
I was at my relatives in CV on Saturday. A LOT of flies at the pool area and a LOT of flies trying to get into their house. Anything to do with the landfills?

happytales said:
I was at my relatives in CV on Saturday. A LOT of flies at the pool area and a LOT of flies trying to get into their house. Anything to do with the landfills?

Na that is too far.  CV FCB's put their wok's outside and that is known as a "gold level buffet" in the fly community.  Word has gotten out through the IFA / Irvine Fly Association, and many larvae have now been planted within CV as a result. 

Wow, Lambert Ranch is that closet!  Those homes have appreciated so much, so people shouldn't worry and the landfill should be a non-issue.

I have posted this earlier on a different thread. I used Google maps to find the distance. As you see there is not much difference from purely distance point of view.

I took measurement to specific communities not to the center of village (ex. Measured to Strada not to the center of OH). Here are the distances from landfill:

Distance from Landfill in miles:
Portola Springs: 1.52 Mi
Pavilion Park (Rosemist & Sagewood): 1.75 Mi
Stonegate / Lafayette: 2.42 Mi
Beacon park: 2.65 Mi
Orchard Hills/ Strada: 2.69 Mi

If the concern of landfill is the ground water pollution or air pollution or smell then there is small difference in distance. Or if the concern is the truck traffic going up and down the landfill then all the communities along Jeffrey, Sand canyon and Portola are equally affected.

We are in PS from last 1 year or so, I was concerned when we were planning to move here, but i am pleasantly surprised , landfill is not an issue at all.  We go for walk a lot in the beautiful walking trails, around the lovely landscape in PS and in hills, I havent even once smelled anything bad.

I don't want to mislead anyone, these are my personal observations. Honestly speaking, we love it here, i think PS is better than CV and WB.

Back