Lamber Ranch

lnc said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
ps9 said:
First Lambert Ranch on MLS.. get it while you can.. nice street name..  If you're last name is Brown, it's gonna be confusing..
http://www.redfin.com/CA/Irvine/91-Parson-Brown-92618/home/45375449

So is this being sold by the new home company?  It must be since it has not been built and won't be ready until August. I'm surprised they could not find a buyer from their waitlist
Yup, being sold by the builder.  The home is over $1.5m...the buyer pool gets really thin when you get that high in price (even in Irvine).

This Hill plan 3 home was release for sale on January 26 (phase 10).  I believe it was initially sold with some one place deposit on it then later back out the deal.  The buyer probably just realize when you open your front door, first thing you see is the cell tower just right up the small hill across the street.  However, you do get an awesome cell phone reception at this site.

Or have awesome X-Men kids in a few years

lnc said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
ps9 said:
First Lambert Ranch on MLS.. get it while you can.. nice street name..  If you're last name is Brown, it's gonna be confusing..

So is this being sold by the new home company?  It must be since it has not been built and won't be ready until August. I'm surprised they could not find a buyer from their waitlist
Yup, being sold by the builder.  The home is over $1.5m...the buyer pool gets really thin when you get that high in price (even in Irvine).

This Hill plan 3 home was release for sale on January 26 (phase 10).  I believe it was initially sold with some one place deposit on it then later back out the deal.  The buyer probably just realize when you open your front door, first thing you see is the cell tower just right up the small hill across the street.  However, you do get an awesome cell phone reception at this site.

If I recall correctly, there was a house at The Grove that was also listed on MLS a while back. I think the house listed above may be more difficult to sell because some of the options have already been selected. If someone is buying a new house, one of the attractions is to pick everything to your tastes, and it's possible that whoever initially was going to buy the home but backed out may have not picked the best options. Who knows... I don't know how far along the selection process this particular house is.

NYT said:
lnc said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
ps9 said:

If I recall correctly, there was a house at The Grove that was also listed on MLS a while back. I think the house listed above may be more difficult to sell because some of the options have already been selected. If someone is buying a new house, one of the attractions is to pick everything to your tastes, and it's possible that whoever initially was going to buy the home but backed out may have not picked the best options. Who knows... I don't know how far along the selection process this particular house is.

in the listing it says design options available, which makes sense since the home wont be ready until august. i think all the stuff they list is standard for the home. you can probably still pick almost everything.

So someone will pay $1,581,739 for this house, and then have to go to the overpriced design center to add another $100,000 of upgrades, and then also do the landscaping which is another $100,000.

So really this house would cost around 1.8 million?

qwerty said:
NYT said:
lnc said:
USCTrojanCPA said:
qwerty said:
ps9 said:

in the listing it says design options available, which makes sense since the home wont be ready until august. i think all the stuff they list is standard for the home. you can probably still pick almost everything.

Again, I'm not sure how far along the cutoffs this particular house is, but the first two cutoffs were pretty substantial. Certainly, some options are left to pick, but a lot have already been decided. Again, just speculating since I don't know what the particular situation with this house is.

I agree it's a matter of desperation to list a quick-move in on MLS, but if I remember correctly, TNHC keeps the deposit when there is a cancellation (assuming no fault of the seller), which is probably pretty substantial. It's easy money IMO.  Sure, you probably take a hit from the commission, and some negotiation, but I think in this supply pinched Irvine market, you might actually get a good bidding war going on and actually come out even better.

bones said:
iacrenter said:
zubs said:
I see this kind of thing sometimes.  Is this akin to a builder market testing their home?  Perhaps they think their price sheet is too low and they need to find the true value.

Usually the opposite is true. If a builder places a home on the MLS they are getting desperate to find a buyer. They would rather take a hit on commission and fees rather than see their inventory sit unsold.

I'm surprised TNHMC can't sell it to someone on their wait list. But at $1.5M, USC is probably right and the wait list is too short. Advertising on MLS will open it up to the wonderful world of FCBs.

This home wasn't part of their final phase release so maybe they had a buyer who cancelled.  MLS will get it sold a lot faster esp since they're not doing any more phase releases.

jyeh74 said:
i just went to The Hills today. plan 2 and 3 are $1.5m and $1.6m, they increased $400k since the debuted. pretty crazy

Keep in mind the later Hill phases are the ones with better views. So part of the price is general increase but a good portion of the price hike is location. These last phases have views on the hill and can see the ocean!

The challenge at this price point is that you're above some of the Grove plans, so unless you really want that view (and right next to the cell site), the Grove is a better deal with more phases left for the same price range.

The ironic thing is even with the cell site on property AT&T still gets horrible reception out there - go figure!

PenguinOrange said:
jyeh74 said:
i just went to The Hills today. plan 2 and 3 are $1.5m and $1.6m, they increased $400k since the debuted. pretty crazy

Keep in mind the later Hill phases are the ones with better views. So part of the price is general increase but a good portion of the price hike is location. These last phases have views on the hill and can see the ocean!

The challenge at this price point is that you're above some of the Grove plans, so unless you really want that view (and right next to the cell site), the Grove is a better deal with more phases left for the same price range.

The ironic thing is even with the cell site on property AT&T still gets horrible reception out there - go figure!
They're also way closer to the toll road.  I was up there listening one day and it's loud.  Add in the fugly cell tower and the poor value...super duper easy pass.

Yes - back yard you can see the ocean but when you open the front door, you see the cell tower.

PenguinOrange said:
jyeh74 said:

PenguinOrange said:
Maybe it's not an AT&T tower... could be VZW or Sprint CDMA.

It seems like Irvine's housing rebound coincides with China's recent regime change.
Next time to buy in Irvine will be 2022, right before the next regime change.

Back