Lakers vs. Thunder

irvinehomeowner

I'm a huge NBA fan but unfortunately I'm not a Lakers fan.

I guess I should temper that with I'm not a Kobe fan... and because I wasn't a Lamar fan (I was so glad when he got sent from the Clips to Miami) it makes it worse that he's also a Laker. And while I admire Artest's talent, I'm not interested in seeing Rodman 2.0.

So this puts me at odds with about 99% of the people I interact with.

I was glad when the series got tied up 2-2 but the Thunder got handled last night... not just beat... but beat down.

I don't mind if the Lakers get to the Finals, but if they do, I hope it's against LBJ and Shaq because that's who'll I'll be cheering for.

Please don't throw too many iTomatoes at me.

johnson.gif

LBJ was great on the inside (education and civil rights) but lousy from the perimeter (foreign policy).

Go Lakers.

-IR2

When I worked in downtown L.A., I went to two Laker parades.  I loved the Laker's dynasty of the 80's and 90's.  Nowadays, it's tough to keep up while taking care of young kids.

I also loved the Showtime (Magic/Kareem) and Kobe/Shaq teams... the Mamba/Odumb/MCRonRon team... not so much.

Bynum is fragile and I honestly think Ga-Soft... err Gasol is the lynchpin. Memphis should be co-champions with the Lakers for that trade.

If Utah can finish off the Nuggets, the Lakers will have a good match in the 2nd round (they've owned Utah for a while because they match up great against them).  I don't see the Spurs or Suns being able to beat the Lakers in a 7-game series.  The problem will be the NBA Finals. 

Maybe finally a Lakers/Celtics rematch?  I think the celts have a chance against the cavs...  how many half court three pt jump shots can lebron make?

Back