Lakers News

irvinehomeowner said:
Rumor is 3 way trade to get Kawhi sending away Lonzo and Ingram.

I?ll miss Ingram but he is not Kawhi level right now.

Or, alternatively, they can hang onto their young players and sign Kawhi as a FA next year.

Even if they traded for Kawhi, they aren't beating the Warriors this year.  Maybe by next year, the kids take a step forward and Kawhi is added to the fold.

I don?t know why everyone thinks the warriors are unbeatable. The thunder had them down 3-1 and choked, the spurs were up on them by 20 in game 1 and Kawhi got hurt, they gave up a 3-1 lead to the Cavs and this year the rockets had them down 3-2 and Chris Paul got hurt.

So they have been pretty lucky. Definitely not unbeatable. Kawhi and lebron would make a formidable opponent, not  saying they will beat the warriors but they have a decent shot. The Celtics are probably the team that can knock them off this year.

qwerty said:
I don?t know why everyone thinks the warriors are unbeatable. The thunder had them down 3-1 and choked, the spurs were up on them by 20 in game 1 and Kawhi got hurt, they gave up a 3-1 lead to the Cavs and this year the rockets had them down 3-2 and Chris Paul got hurt.

So they have been pretty lucky. Definitely not unbeatable. Kawhi and lebron would make a formidable opponent, not  saying they will beat the warriors but they have a decent shot. The Celtics are probably the team that can knock them off this year.

When the Warriors were down 3-1...Steph was recovering from a knee injury and they didn't have Durant.  Warriors flat out beat the Thunder in game 5-7. 

They "gave" up a 3-1 lead to the Cavs because league suspended Green and Bogut got hurt.  Even then, they were within a shot of winning. 

Chris Paul did get hurt but so did Iggy.  If Iggy is not hurt...Warriors beat the Rockets in 5.

Celtics are not beating the Warriors, especially if Cousins is on the squad.

qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:
As a 30+ year Warriors fan...I can only laugh.

It will be interesting. He is going to be in a contract year. The warriors success comes from moving the ball and if he wants to put up big numbers it could take away from their chemistry. Hopefully he goes all knucklehead and ruins their chemistry :)

If all people have left is "chemistry"...then it's over.  Javale McGee wasn't exactly a boy scout.  Nor was Nick Young.

irvinehomeowner said:

Why would SA do that?  If they wanted to trade with Lakers...they could do that now.

qwerty said:

This was true pre-KD.

Rockets blew it and probably won?t get a 2nd chance because CP3 is only getting older and will always be injury prone. No Ariza and who knows if they keep Capella.

With the addition of Cousins, even if limited by post Achilles recovery, this gives them a big man presence they never had.

The only way to get through the Warriors is both Curry *and* KD have bad games and a key player like Iggy is injured. Otherwise there are just too many weapons... no team has had 5 all stars since the 60s (?).

Irvinecommuter said:
irvinehomeowner said:

Why would SA do that?  If they wanted to trade with Lakers...they could do that now.

I believe it?s because Lakers don?t have draft picks that SA wants.

Why trade for Kawhi now?

FA never guaranteed... see history.

Speaking of, rumors are that PG13 signed with OKC not because he didn?t want to be a Laker, but once Kawhi expressed interest in going to LA, Lakers might have ghosted PG13 so he went for the money.

Plus, Lebron, although in great shape, is 33... so getting Kawhi as much help sooner than later is always better.

The Rondo signing is puzzling, the way LBJ plays, he needs a PG that can shoot and Rondo isn?t that much better than Lonzo. But this definitely makes Lonzo expendable so maybe that 3 way trade is looming.

Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:

It will be interesting. He is going to be in a contract year. The warriors success comes from moving the ball and if he wants to put up big numbers it could take away from their chemistry. Hopefully he goes all knucklehead and ruins their chemistry :)

If all people have left is "chemistry"...then it's over.  Javale McGee wasn't exactly a boy scout.  Nor was Nick Young.

That?s not all people have left. Like I said before, the Cavs with a horrible team gave the warriors a fight through 3 quarters (though I think one game was a blowout from start to finish). The lakers have better talent than Cleveland. If the lakers get Kawhi they will be the challengers to GS, without Kawhi GS will beat the lakers. The rockets are done. Harden is a choker. Chris Paul is good not good enough.

At some point you get diminishing returns, only one ball. Draymond doesn?t mind being number 4 because he has never been a number one, not even a number 2. boogie thinks he is just as good as any warrior and won?t be happy scoring 10 points a game because that means no max contract the next year.

qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:

That?s not all people have left. Like I said before, the Cavs with a horrible team gave the warriors a fight through 3 quarters (though I think one game was a blowout from start to finish). The lakers have better talent than Cleveland. If the lakers get Kawhi they will be the challengers to GS, without Kawhi GS will beat the lakers. The rockets are done. Harden is a choker. Chris Paul is good not good enough.

At some point you get diminishing returns, only one ball. Draymond doesn?t mind being number 4 because he has never been a number one, not even a number 2. boogie thinks he is just as good as any warrior and won?t be happy scoring 10 points a game because that means no max contract the next year.

He took a 1/$5 mill deal...you don't think he understand why he is there and what the goal is?  He need to show that he can play in a team and is healthy.  Again...Javale McGee and Nick Young played well in the Warriors system.  Cousins was by all account a great teammate on the Olympic team and played very unselfishly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtVVDKUsubk

Lakers with Lebron is not better than Cavs with Lebron. 

Not sure why you keep on bring up nick young and JaVale McGee. They have never been accused of being bad teammates. They are more clownlike than anything else. And how did the warriors stay workout for McGee? He got a one year minimum deal with the lakers.

Being a good teammate for two weeks doesn?t mean anything. His next contract will likely dictate how much he earns the rest of his career. He doesn?t want to become the next Isaiah Thomas.

i think we're at a tipping point where players will start to realize the difference between $10m per year and $20m per year is not a drastic change in lifestyle, especially considering they're probably making another $10-$20m on the side in endorsements.  max contracts and salary cap will keep increasing and all-star players will start to get sick of losing every year to the gsw.  if you thought we had a few super teams last year, think about how pissed everyone will be next year and the year after that when the gsw sweep the finals agian and again.  in the not so distant future there's going to be about 3 teams with 3-5 all-stars each who all go 72-10 and the rest of the league will be feeling like a bunch of scrubs.  i can't wait  ::)

Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:
qwerty said:
Irvinecommuter said:

He took a 1/$5 mill deal...you don't think he understand why he is there and what the goal is?  He need to show that he can play in a team and is healthy.  Again...Javale McGee and Nick Young played well in the Warriors system.  Cousins was by all account a great teammate on the Olympic team and played very unselfishly.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtVVDKUsubk

Lakers with Lebron is not better than Cavs with Lebron.

Must read article. Really unbelievable that he turned down the Pelicans after he got hurt. Really amazing!
https://sports.yahoo.com/report-lak...-turned-40m-pelicans-last-year-001753364.html

Apparently Lakers doctors gave a "no" on Boogie. He had a serious injury and is currently slated to be back late December or January. Not saying that the Lakers should've passed...but anybody remember Dwight Howard? Came to the Lakers with a back injury that wasn't fully heeled and didn't play at the level expected.

Hopefully the Lakers can bring back Brook Lopez on a minimum deal. Would love to see them add Jordan Crawford. OKC will likely waive Carmelo...and I don't want him on the Lakers but he might be coming.

best_potsticker_in_town said:
Apparently Lakers doctors gave a "no" on Boogie. He had a serious injury and is currently slated to be back late December or January. Not saying that the Lakers should've passed...but anybody remember Dwight Howard? Came to the Lakers with a back injury that wasn't fully heeled and didn't play at the level expected.

Exactly. Analyze the video of Cousins when he was on the phone walking around.
https://youtu.be/C4NXcNgq8qc

Back