Lake Forest New Home Buyer

[quote author="acpme" date=1228276924]show of hands how many people are at the same job that they had at age 24 (hopefully not!) even at same company? or living in the same town?</blockquote>

My company got bought so technically I have a different employer, but I'm working for the same client. Not the same town since 24 though. Moved once.

er... contract engieer for 5 years. I worked 8 different companies during that time. 16 years total in engineering.....

I have worked real estate consistently though... i guess i'm semi successful with that.

-bix

My two cents:

Owning at 24 is not a hassle at all if you plan well, and buy something you can afford without room mates. I bought a townhouse at 23 for 365k with 20% down in 01, and flipped in March 06. My income was roughly the same as you, but 01 was the time of fancy loans. I got 3.5 with a 7 yr ARM. Since it was a two bed-two and half bath, I had no problems renting it out to a decent family when I moved to SoCal. Like everyone said, you will move, you will change jobs. Sometimes you do it on your own, and others, you will just be forced into it.

Amen to used Acura:)

CZ <em>who just caught a falling knife and hopes the fingers don't bleed too bad</em>

[quote author="freedomCM" date=1228275513]Buy a used acura for half the price of a new one

Rent with roommates in a fun area

Live below your means and continue to save up cash</blockquote>

Hear hear!

Yoda, I was thinking the same thing you were when I graduated from school. Was trying to convince my brother to go in with me and buy something that was completely overvalued. I decided to wait, and I'm glad I did. I'd be underwater, barely scraping by, and stressed out constantly.

I'm renting in CM with a few buddies, and the place I have is lavish compared to what I could afford if I bought. I am able to save my money, still have my fun, and continue to eat popcorn as prices drop.

[quote author="k.o." date=1228357280][quote author="freedomCM" date=1228275513]Buy a used acura for half the price of a new one

Rent with roommates in a fun area

Live below your means and continue to save up cash</blockquote>

Hear hear!

Yoda, I was thinking the same thing you were when I graduated from school. Was trying to convince my brother to go in with me and buy something that was completely overvalued. I decided to wait, and I'm glad I did. I'd be underwater, barely scraping by, and stressed out constantly.

I'm renting in CM with a few buddies, and the place I have is lavish compared to what I could afford if I bought. I am able to save my money, still have my fun, and continue to eat popcorn as prices drop.</blockquote>

in this environment I'd prioritize an advanced degree over buying overpriced real estate. Paying off debt and burnishing your educational credentials are the best investments you can make today.

[quote author="biscuitninja" date=1228353369]er... contract engieer for 5 years. I worked 8 different companies during that time. 16 years total in engineering.....

I have worked real estate consistently though... i guess i'm semi successful with that.

-bix</blockquote>

You know biscuit is a real engineer by the way he spells.

[quote author="acpme" date=1228276924]show of hands how many people are at the same job that they had at age 24 (hopefully not!) even at same company? or living in the same town?</blockquote>

I'm 24, at the same job I started interning at when I was 16. Work @ home, never met my boss. Live in same town I went to HS in (spent 4 yrs in Irvine for school), live with best friends from HS, renting in the IE. Low 6 fig.

Will I be at the same job 10 years from now? I wouldn't mind...Will I buy in this city? Most likely - if the price is right. My situation doesn't seem to be very typical.

Back