Laguna Crossing & Orchard Hills Postponed to 2009

Give me a break, I ride my bike to work everyday and everytime I approach an intersection I fear for my life because there is a good chance some Asian woman driver is going to hit me. Without fail at least once a day I see an Asian woman roll straight through a red light to make a right turn. Just yesterday an Asian woman driver blew straight through a red light in front of me without even looking to see that I had the right of way and the walk sign was on. Then two streets later another Asian woman did happen to stop for the red light but was poking so far into the intersection that her minivan was blocking the entire crosswalk. Since I see this with my own two eyes that makes it empirical fact.

As far as API scores go, while it's true to an extent that a correlation can be drawn between the higher the API score the higher the percentage of Asian students I wouldn't be surprised if within one generation that this becomes less true. My wife is a math teacher and she's starting to see her share of lazy Asians in the mix. One stereotype that still remains true is that immigrants regardless of race/ethnicity totally destroy the curve for everyone else. By the way, you can find high API scores in Colorado as well and I guarantee you that the Asian population is lower there.

<p>Oh, I forgot: my new neighbor (who is Indian) hit both my car and the car of someone working on my home recently. </p>

<p>She was trying to parallel park, and hit the cars in front <strong>and</strong> back of her! </p>

<p>bk:</p>

<p>Could the shrimp paste be the secret weapon that drives the non-asians out of the neighborhood? Hahaha</p>

<p>Make no sense of debating experiences based on facts: </p>

<p>from many of our personal experiences, most (not everyone) older asian drivers we came across throughout SoCal are not good drivers both skill wise, and obeying taffic sign wise. They "ignore" signs because they just don't see it or don't bother to watch out, not bc they try to run it, or being intentionally rude. </p>

<p>this is in contrary to the SUV "soccer moms", which is a different story.</p>

<p>reason, </p>

<p>i looked at open houses both in in soCal and Texas, I don't think you will smell shrimp paste often. YOu only smell it when they cook in the backyard. However, the curry smell does stay with the house for a long long time, and hard to get rid of.</p>

<p>Hahaha. This posting is regarding the Laguna Crossing & Orchard Hills being postponed. Why are we discussing bad asian driver? </p>

<p>On that note, I exited onto Jamboree from the 5 freeway and was almost broadsided by an older Asian lady. When I said "almost" try 3 inches from my car. She came to a screeching halt going what must have been 45 mph. I actually heard screeching of the tires and glanced to my left and so her car coming at me. </p>

<p>I was about to give her the "Bird" but the old lady smiled and covered it with her hand. (Asians are so polite) I just couldn't get mad after that gesture. So I smiled back and continue on. </p>

Regarding soccer moms. I don't get it. How can you drive a van load of kids and at the same time tail gating the car in front of you?

if asians drivers are just being careless, and lack of skill, the soccer moms are just plain rude most of the time. They know exactly what they are doing...

<p>This bad driver discussion is starting to wear on me. I believe crappy driving comes in all flavors. I lived in Silicon Valley for 4 years, and those Indian engineers drove WAY to fast and out of control. I lived in Minnesota for the first 18 years of my life, and the caucausian country bumpkins drove WAY to aggressive, always wanting to pull over and duke it out with you. Or they were drunk. I lived in Puerto Rico for 2 years, and it was like there were no traffic laws at all. Traffic bad, just drive in the grass median! And I have been here for more than a decade. In my opinion, on a whole, So Cal has some of the BESTand most courteous drivers I have observed. That's right, I said the best. My father from the Midwest always comments on how good drivers are here as compared to back home. My friends from the Bay Area are amazed that if you put your signal on, people here (generally) will let you merge --- that is not the case in the Bay Area. </p>

<p>Yes, slow driving does annoy me --- but I'll take the slow Asian female in front of me over the redneck in his monster truck trying to climb into my trunk at 80mph anyday. </p>

<p>If you think driving slow is annoying. Try walking home from work should your car break down. Then you'll appreciate the miracle invention of the automobile even at 30 mph. </p>

<p>Let's come back the subject of this discussion now...</p>

<p>Any of you know if Laguna Canyon will be gated? How about OH?</p>

<p>Hi everyone,</p>

<p>Thank you so much for all of your comments. They all make a lot of good senses and I learn so much from everyone here. Many thanks again.</p>

<p>My reference to the 2nd gen asians also included the 1.5 gen as well. Oh, the buying power of the 1.5 gen Vietnamese group is extremely powerful and significant. This group of buyers are in the typical $300K+ income. Since this group would have bought homes in the 80's, most should have the equity for downpayment in excess of $1M. Many can afford Newport Coast; however, this group may not feel at home in Newport Coast. We all want to live where we feel comfortable and belonging to. This group is prime buyers for OH.</p>

<p>IMHO...Here is my take on the young ABC group. This group is interesting. This group can not really afford the $1M+ homes yet on their own without the help of down payment from the parents. Most of parents can help though and probably will. This group may not care to live in Irvine now; however, in a few years, when the children come, then this group will value Irvine. TIC knows its market for young families in the next 3-5 years; I think that is the reason for high-density housing development in the work to meet demands. The ABC group will want a nicely decorated and landscaped home (in contrary to their parents'). The ABC group is set for life as they will inherit from their well to do parents in the next 20-30 years. Ultra lux homes will always in demand and do well.</p>

<p>Ir 123,</p>

<p>Orchard Hills will have gates at several phases. Laguna Canyon to my knowlegde may not be gated. Due to its isolated and elevated position with just one entrance the gate may not be warranted. The fewer number of homes in LC may also be the factor not having a guard gate. Mechanical gate may still be possible.</p>

<p>>>with just one entrance </p>

<p>Please tell me that's not going to be only in/out for the community. Not only would it be bad in the morning, how did it ever get past the fire marshall? The San Diego fire that nearly wiped out a whole community (something Ranch) should have taught the value of multiple exits.</p>

I think the fewer number of homes in the community only one entrance is required. There may be crash gates for emergency vehicular egress but they off limit to the public. Entrances are difficult and hard to optain approval from the City. The signalization, stacking distance and additional lanes and road widening may have been too excessive and detrimental to the rural character of a country road feel futher eliminated additional egress points. The grade and topography are also very steep and that multiple entry roads would be too wasteful in the use of land. The idea in planning is to build the shortest road accessing the highest number of lots. Road is a waste of land and developer can not sell it to the consumers.

<p>I totally get it from that point of view, BK, but from a public safety standpoint, it's a real nightmare.</p>

<p><a href="http://www.karlgrobl.com/Photojournalism/Fire/page1.htm">Scripps Ranch</a> was the neighborhood I was thinking of. Some people in the neighborhood died or came close because the fire blocked the only entrance. IIRC, San Diego changed (or nearly changed) its law to require two exits to future communities as a result.</p>

Back