Laguna Altura Sienna or Cypress Marigold

mirapixo

Hi TIers

This is my first post here. like to hear what you guys think.
I got call from Laguna Altura Sienna the other day for the upcoming release. for the plan 3 the price has already gone up to low $700k with some "upgrade". that average out to $400/sqft. On the other hand I am aware the cypress is opening this weekend and the Marigold all 3 plans are bigger and seems in the same price range as Sienna. and of course Cypress's HOA is less compare to LA.

Based on the current market madness, do you guys think is it worth to wait Cypress or go with Sienna.

cheers!

Given both are adjacent to the freeway (Sienna is closer but freeway noise is very "tranquil" so it is a plus), I will choose the smaller Sienna over Marigold for no other reason than University HS. FCBs love the best schools.

The California Court Company said:
Given both are adjacent to the freeway (Sienna is closer but freeway noise is very "tranquil" so it is a plus), I will choose the smaller Sienna over Marigold for no other reason than University HS. FCBs love the best schools.
LOL! Thanks CA Court, School district does makes us swing to Sienna at this point.

irvinehomeowner said:
Elevation and 405 proximity wins for me... although $295 HOA at Laguna Woktura hurts down under.
irvinehomeowner, I went to the construction lot and noticed the HWY noise is noticeable but very minimal. I guess the elevation helps a little. but I don't feel any temperature difference than woodbury/SG as other members said. And you are right, the $300 is hard to chew considering very limited commons in LA, plus their mello ross tax is about 1.8%.

Welcome to TI hushdc.

I'm big bacteria'd so I'm very sensitive to temperatures... there is a noticeable difference to me between the areas near the 405 and the areas north of the 5.

The elevation makes a difference (especially against zombies) and if you believe TIC marketing, you're just down the road from the beach.

All inside jokes aside... for the same affordability (not just price but monthly costs including HOA and taxes), I would go with LagAlt if you're going to pick a motorourt home. One other consideration, LagAlt is all residences, no apartments... for those that care about those things.

irvinehomeowner said:
Welcome to TI hushdc.

I'm big bacteria'd so I'm very sensitive to temperatures... there is a noticeable difference to me between the areas near the 405 and the areas north of the 5.

The elevation makes a difference (especially against zombies) and if you believe TIC marketing, you're just down the road from the beach.

All inside jokes aside... for the same affordability (not just price but monthly costs including HOA and taxes), I would go with LagAlt if you're going to pick a motorourt home. One other consideration, LagAlt is all residences, no apartments... for those that care about those things.

Thanks again irvinehomeowner, were you referring zombies from Woodbury in TV show "The Walking Dead" :D

Just got this email. Why try to sell when you already have a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg priority list??

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    707.6 KB · Views: 337
There are no more homes planned near Laguna Altura other than the 200 homes they plan to put in off Lake Forest Dr.  There are 5000+ homes that will be built in Cypress Village + Great Park + Portola Springs in the upcoming years.

IMO, Laguna Altura is much more "rare", and it is located in the Open Space Preserve.  Appreciation and resale will probably be better at Laguna Altura seeing you just can't buy another new home in that area, and what's already built is limited.

Good point. I have freeway phobia (as i don't want my kids to have a higher chance to get asthma, heart disease or autism). If I don't have any kids I will certainly have bought in LA. I would probably regret this when we become empty nesters.

Funkie said:
There are no more homes planned near Laguna Altura other than the 200 homes they plan to put in off Lake Forest Dr.  There are 5000+ homes that will be built in Cypress Village + Great Park + Portola Springs in the upcoming years.

IMO, Laguna Altura is much more "rare", and it is located in the Open Space Preserve.  Appreciation and resale will probably be better at Laguna Altura seeing you just can't buy another new home in that area, and what's already built is limited.

I would avoid buying any homes within 500 ft of a major freeway like the 5 and 405. 

I researched online for air quality near freeway, evidence of air pollution and the higher chance of getting those diseases can be found up to 500 ft away from freeway.

LA is about 1000 ft away from 405 at the closest point, and 2500 ft away to the center of community.
CV has about 10% of the community falling in the "danger range" of 500 ft to the 5 fwy, and 2500 ft away to the center of community. 

There are other studies shown air pollutions can be found up to 1.5 miles, but correlation between distance and diseases were never really identified at this range. 
Irvine is surrounded by 3 major freeways, 5/405/55, forming a triangle.  With that in mind, the majority of the homes in Irvine will fall within 1.5 miles range.

I think 500 ft is more logical. 
http://ecohelper.blogspot.com/2006/12/what-distance-is-safe-distance-from.html
http://www.newpartners.org/2012/doc....30 Housing and Freeways/NP12_Bailey.pdf

Good point. I have freeway phobia (as i don't want my kids to have a higher chance to get asthma, heart disease or autism). If I don't have any kids I will certainly have bought in LA. I would probably regret this when we become empty nesters.

Funkie said:
I would avoid buying any homes within 500 ft of a major freeway like the 5 and 405. 

I researched online for air quality near freeway, evidence of air pollution and the higher chance of getting those diseases can be found up to 500 ft away from freeway.

LA is about 1000 ft away from 405 at the closest point, and 2500 ft away to the center of community.
CV has about 10% of the community falling in the "danger range" of 500 ft to the 5 fwy, and 2500 ft away to the center of community. 

There are other studies shown air pollutions can be found up to 1.5 miles, but correlation between distance and diseases were never really identified at this range. 
Irvine is surrounded by 3 major freeways, 5/405/55, forming a triangle.  With that in mind, the majority of the homes in Irvine will fall within 1.5 miles range.

Funkie, thanks for the links. as for the HWY air pollution, seems like the LA elevation is higher than 405 and Cypress is on the lower side. Obvisouly Sienna is the closest to the 405. you guys know think the higher elevation helps to clear out the HWY air pollution?

quattroporte said:
Just got this email. Why try to sell when you already have a looooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg priority list??

I got call from San Remo today, they are asking $890k for a larger lot 3x. and 3x base start $800k now. that is 72k increase since they put me on the list. Honestly I don't know if anyone will pull the trigger based on this price now unless FCFB.

Laguna Altura is a gated community. The gate will be manned 12 hours a day beginning May 1, 2013. The HOA budget allows for the gate to be manned 24 hours a day upon build out.

The homes at Cypress Village are just a stone throw from the apartments where the riff-raffs lives mostly.

I would take Laguna Altura anytime!

You also have to consider which direction the wind blows.  My guess would be from southish to northish.

hushdc said:
Funkie said:

Funkie, thanks for the links. as for the HWY air pollution, seems like the LA elevation is higher than 405 and Cypress is on the lower side. Obvisouly Sienna is the closest to the 405. you guys know think the higher elevation helps to clear out the HWY air pollution?

If I had the money, I will take Laguna Altura.  Just put your name on the waiting list.  When new homes open, you may be surprised that you get a phone call.  Most important step is to "pre-qualify" with their preferred lender.  This process is to weed out the poor people who IP thinks is a waste of time.

You are under no obligation to use their lender.  Then cross your fingers for a holiday weekend and hope most of the Asians on the wait list go gambling in Vegas.  Back in 2012, I was about #200.  Then got a phone call in 2 weeks on a holiday weekend.

Just remember that IP uses a special kind of wood that resists Termites and it has an uncanny ability to absorb smog from the freeway and turn it into oxygen.  So you don't have to rule out Marigold.

My wife and I looked at Laguna Altura and Cypress Village (opening weekend).  I like the seclusion of Laguna Altura better than the location of Cypress Village. 

Uni High does seem like a bit of a drive from LA though.

Back