Laguna Altura is HOT!

That is zubs point. You keep on saying LA is more expensive but not better, just more rare. The only objective measurable is price per sq ft. The beat every community except maybe the turtles and QH?  No one in LA cares about your or my opinion of what we believe is a better neighborhood. We all have different subjective opinions. Something about that neighborhood is perceived as better, you can argue all you want, but typically better = more expensive. Maybe it's the coastal location? :)

thatOSguy said:
qwerty said:
That is zubs point. You keep on saying LA is more expensive but not better, just more rare. The only objective measurable is price per sq ft. The beat every community except maybe the turtles and QH?  No one in LA cares about your or my opinion of what we believe is a better neighborhood. We all have different subjective opinions. Something about that neighborhood is perceived as better, you can argue all you want, but typically better = more expensive. Maybe it's the coastal location? :)

It must be better - it's more expensive... But why? No one can identify a narrative to substantiate the premium. Perhaps FCBs see divine images on the guard gates.

Regardless, that it appreciated so well doesn't make it more desirable.

Just because you don't find it desirable doesn't mean it's not. For whatever reason being south of the 405 makes those areas more expensive, whether it's proximity to the beach, Laguna, whatever it is. There is something there, maybe because there are no apartments, Perhaps people like the secluded feeling and easy freeway access. Not everyone loves woodbury and the all the amenities etc

thatOSguy said:
qwerty said:
thatOSguy said:
qwerty said:

It must be better - it's more expensive... But why? No one can identify a narrative to substantiate the premium. Perhaps FCBs see divine images on the guard gates.

Regardless, that it appreciated so well doesn't make it more desirable.

Just because you don't find it desirable doesn't mean it's not. For whatever reason being south of the 405 makes those areas more expensive, whether it's proximity to the beach, Laguna, whatever it is. There is something there, maybe because there are no apartments, Perhaps people like the secluded feeling and easy freeway access. Not everyone loves woodbury and the all the amenities etc

Umm ... Huh? Does appreciation by itself make it more desirable? Outside of that, your grasping at a rationale proves my point.

I'm not grasping. You keep on saying NO ONE can explain a narrative for the appreciation/desirability - I give you examples of the potential narrative for buyers there. Like I said, just because u can't explain it or find it desirable enough to justify the appreciation doesn't mean others don't. The buyers there clearly like something about it that keeps on driving the price up, so there is a narrative, apparently a narrative that u don't understand or refuse to acknowledge.  Different strokes for different folks and folks there find LA to be one of the most valuable/desirable villages in irvine or homes wouldn't be selling there for what they are.

I'm still surprised Laguna Altura appreciated so well:  it's six syllable name is a mouthful for any FCB.  Whoever advertised these homes in China did a great job.  Owning a Laguna Altura home is like owning a case of lafite:  instant bragging rights.

ps9 said:
I'm still surprised Laguna Altura appreciated so well:  it's six syllable name is a mouthful for any FCB.  Whoever advertised these homes in China did a great job.  Owning a Laguna Altura home is like owning a case of lafite:  instant bragging rights.

That's the thing - maybe they just say to their friends "I've got a brand new home in LAGUNA" and conveniently leave out the "Altura".  Most outsiders wouldn't know the difference anyway.  Yep, it's all about the bragging rights and brand names, like it or not.

Just go full retard and name the next village "LV" :)

qwerty said:
OS - what is it about Laguna altura that you don't think makes it desirable?

He was on the waiting list and they never called him. Jkjk

I think OS is complaining/questioning the valuation. He doesn't get that there is a HUGE demand for Laguna.

eyephone said:
qwerty said:
OS - what is it about Laguna altura that you don't think makes it desirable?

He was on the waiting list and they never called him. Jkjk

I think OS is complaining/questioning the valuation. He doesn't get that there is a HUGE demand for Laguna.

he will tell you that huge demand doesnt mean its desirable.

But I don't understand, no one can explain their appeal. Northpark  is better with more infrastructure, more of a neighborhood feel, less side of the road. Hmm. :)

Back