Lafayettein Stonegate by Richmond??

scubasteve said:
For those that have seen both models, how do these compare to Mullberry in CV?

Lafayette's layout is more close resemble to Laurel/Strada's and the size is nicely position between Laurel and Acadia.  But if you want to compare with Mulberry, overall, I like Lafayette's plan better than Mulberry's.

Lafayette has more of a traditional layout where the great room/kitchen is farther tucked away toward the back and away from the front door with a foyer provides privacy.  Mulberry's entry area are very short (unless it is plan 3) where once you open the front door, one can see the entire kitchen and great room right away.

Lafayette also had me at the mud room with optional to have a second fridge which is a big plus. 

Lafayette's plan actually slighter bigger than Mulberry's.  Although one can add about another 120 sq.ft at Mulberry's California garage by opt to a office or gym, it is only good for storage and very difficult to incorporate it into everyday usage.

One thing Mulberry had better is Mulberry plan 3's huge loft at second floor and the frontal facade, it look a little more upscale, less boring than Lafayette's exterior.

Edit:  Change Lafayettein to Lafayette so it won't bugs people :)

Attachments

• Mulberry Plan 3 Exterior.jpg
    Mulberry Plan 3 Exterior.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 240
did anyone else notice how the pet spa and prep kitchen are at the same location. they must be catering to koreans :)

lnc said:
scubasteve said:
For those that have seen both models, how do these compare to Mullberry in CV?

Lafayettein's layout is more close resemble to Laurel/Strada's and the size is nicely position between Laurel and Acadia.  But if you want to compare with Mulberry, overall, I like Lafayettein's plan better than Mulberry's.

Lafayettein has more of a traditional layout where the great room/kitchen is farther tucked away toward the back and away from the front door with a foyer provides privacy.  Mulberry's entry area are very short (unless it is plan 3) where once you open the front door, one can see the entire kitchen and great room right away.

Lafayettein also had me at the mud room with optional to have a second fridge which is a big plus. 

Lafayettein's plan actually slighter bigger than Mulberry's.  Although one can add about another 120 sq.ft at Mulberry's California garage by opt to a office or gym, it is only good for storage and very difficult to incorporate it into everyday usage.

One thing Mulberry had better is Mulberry plan 3's huge loft at second floor and the frontal facade, it look a little more upscale, less boring than Lafayettein's exterior.

Lame but this is bugging me.  The tract name is just Lafayette.  Whoever started the thread just forgot a space in between "Lafayette" and "in". :)

Saw these this wknd. I actually thought they were ok. Don't really have much to add beyond what's been mentioned in terms of pros and cons. I did like all the "greige" in the plan 1 though.
Price sheet showed 2 homes available. One plan 1 that's currently dirt and a plan 2 under construction with electrical and structural picked out (someone must have changed their mind). IIRC, price was $1.15m.  Would still need to do flooring/countertops.

We like the floor plans. Plan 2 has a first floor laundry and small pantry. Do you think having a first floor laundry (but no first floor master suite) will limit future resale buyer pool?

Is there a downstairs bedroom with a bathroom (not a master)?  I would think older folks who live on their own would prefer to have the laundry downstairs  as long as there is a bedroom/bathroom downstairs even if it's not a master. When I'm dead man walking as long as I have a bedroom/bathroom/laundry downstairs I'll be good to go

ChasingRainbows said:
We like the floor plans. Plan 2 has a first floor laundry and small pantry. Do you think having a first floor laundry (but no first floor master suite) will limit future resale buyer pool?

It's not a popular future nowadays but I don't think the first floor laundry in this case will be a deal breaker. This plan 2 is nicely done, lot of positive futures, and I think buyers can easily overlook the small pantry and the laundry room at the first floor.

I like this plan 2 and actually the first floor laundry is a plus for me.  My current home with 2nd floor laundry really bugs me, the noise and vibration from the washer is really noticeable.  I had this same washer on my previous home with 1st  floor laundry room and never had any issue at all. 

Downstairs laundry isn't a deal breaker for me either. I definitely prefer upstairs laundry mainly bc it's easier to get the clothes back to where they belong. I keep a laundry basket downstairs bc everyone in my family is forever tracking stuff in so I make them change before entering. This is where a mudroom coupled with a downstairs laundry ( just like the plan 2) comes in handy. If you really like the plan, I wouldn't let the downstairs laundry stop you from making the plunge.

Downstairs laundry room is not a deal breaker for me either. I actually see a couple of pros for this:
1) if there is ever a leak from the washer, the damage won't be as extensive
2) I like to do my laundry at night, having kids go to sleep early, I wouldn't want the noise to wake them (they are light sleepers)
3) for some reason my kids like to leave their gym clothes and other washables in the car, so its actually easier for me to just transfer their stuff to the wash
4) lastly, I need the exercise. This fast food diet doesn't seem to be working well

It looks like Phase 10 has sold out. So that's 42 of the 60 homes sold in three months. At this pace the last house will be sold before the first house is built.

Phase 9
Paris - 2,443 sq. ft - $1,074,990
Patton - 2,692 sq. ft - $1,105,990
Pearl - 2,853 sq. ft. - $1,150,990

Phase 10
Paris - 2,443 sq. ft - $1,076,990
Patton - 2,692 sq. ft - $1,107,990
Pearl - 2,853 sq. ft. - $1,152,990

Phase 11
Paris - 2,443 sq. ft - $1,079,990
Patton - 2,692 sq. ft - $1,110,990
Pearl - 2,853 sq. ft. - $1,155,990

Swordfish said:
It looks like Phase 10 has sold out. So that's 42 of the 60 homes sold in three months. At this pace the last house will be sold before the first house is built.

Phase 9

Phase 10

Wow, that is incredibly fast! Any news on whether they are going to expand the development into the other surrounding lots (the ones not earmarked for Palo Alto)?

I was there last weekend and saw many folks looking at model homes. Per sales person at Lafayette, the interest list has been growing in the last month or so and their management is evaluating purchase of adjacent lots on which Richmond has first right of refusal.

Went by last week, interesting that a plan 2 was available, came by couple days later, that plan 2 was sold out but plan 3 came back on the market since a buyer failed prequal, and then it sold.

Liked the plan 3, but wished they got rid of that mud room + small kitchen and extended the garage ever so slightly so that it can become a larger storage or even a tandem 3rd car garage for a miata or something... and the upstairs loft is somewhat small

Good for buyers to see that phase over phase increases are minimal.

Swordfish said:

Phase 9

Phase 10

I don't know the cost/square footage difference but this seems like a much better buy than what is being offered at Greenwood.

Irvinecommuter said:
Swordfish said:

Phase 9

Phase 10

I don't know the cost/square footage difference but this seems like a much better buy than what is being offered at Greenwood.

the smallest lafayette looks like it is about $440 per sq ft, the largest is $404.  huntley is the most comparable product in size range. the largest huntley at 3,009 sq ft is $330 per sq ft. the plan 2 at huntley is $338 sq ft for 2,839, looks like they did not release a plan 1 in phase 1 - these are non-jamboree backing lots. 

so $404 vs $338, greenwood is 16% cheaper. Lafayette may have the smallest spread of irvine new construction vs greenwood.

Strada is actually smaller than lafayette for more $. I really love the plan 1 but the fact that its near the landfill really, really bothers me.

I know the issue of Landfill keeps coming in the blog. I have measured the distance using Google maps ("Measure Distance" feature). Pretty much all new Irvine communities are in the same zone i.e 3 miles radius from the landfill. Of course, PS and Lambart Ranch are the closest to the landfill. Next closest is PP.

I took measurement to specific communities not to the center of village (ex. Measured to Strada not to the center of OH). Here are the distances from landfill:

Portola Springs: 1.52 Mi
Pavilion Park (Rosemist & Sagewood): 1.75 Mi
Stonegate / Lafayette: 2.42 Mi
Beacon park: 2.65 Mi
Orchard Hills/ Strada: 2.69 Mi

If the concern of landfill is the ground water pollution or air pollution or smell then there is small difference in distance. Or if the concern is the truck traffic going up and down the landfill then all the communities along Jeffrey, Sand canyon and Portola are equally affected.

Just my understanding.

i think the entrance to the landfill is closest to stonegate...i drive up and down that area everyday to pickup my daughter from babysitting and i see the trucks going up and down that area. it just seems more "busy" if you will around that area versus, Orchard hills. (which is my preference).

Back