Labor Day Deals ...

Closing my home in 3 weeks. Hope this is the right time to look for applicances (Fridge and Washer/Dryer).

Toggling between Lowe's /Home Depot, as they have free delivery and installation. Also Lowe's has 10% move coupon. Please post your recomendations here (Counting on PS9/Lucky :))

I also need some appliances so I am hoping Labor Day has some great deals.

Do you need a counter depth fridge or full size?

Go check out Howards or Pacific Sales.  We were very happy with Howards on selection and price.  They also price match post-purchase and have free delivery and set up.

Full size over counter depth if your kitchen allows for it.

LiefinIrvine said:
Still confused on to select Counter Depth/Full Size, but leaning more towards Full Size.

I think it depends on kitchen set up.  My cabinets are 26 inches deep so a full size would stick out nearly 10 inches.  It's easy for me to see what the additional 10 inches looks like on a tape measure, but it's hard to imagine what it would look like with an actual fridge.    :'(

Coleman said:
LiefinIrvine said:
Still confused on to select Counter Depth/Full Size, but leaning more towards Full Size.

I think it depends on kitchen set up.  My cabinets are 26 inches deep so a full size would stick out nearly 10 inches.  It's easy for me to see what the additional 10 inches looks like on a tape measure, but it's hard to imagine what it would look like with an actual fridge.    :'(

It's not that big of an issue IMO...in fact I don't even notice it.  The key issue is whether you have enough clearance to open the fridge doors without cramming yourself in.

Best $22 spent (right....), kid wanted an elephant but they ran out... We're happy with the lion though... and I like as my new avatar..

Do you know the specific fridge you want? For what we wanted our options were narrowed to a single fridge, so that helped with making a decision. (We wanted a large capacity French door fridge with a door-in-door and the ice maker in-door. There was only an LG offering all that.)

The best thing to do is decide what features you really want to narrow your choices to just a few. E.g., French door, side-by-side, or top-and-bottom? Counter-depth or one you can actually fit all your groceries in? Do you need a big ice maker? Do you want an in-door ice maker? Do you want a water and ice dispenser? Are there specific [better-rated] brands you'd prefer?

There are only so many models that will have all your must-haves. Once you have that list, just start comparing prices and coupons/rebates, especially at Lowe's and Home Depot, and especially during the Labor Day sale.

Also be sure to take advantage of any rebates that might be available. E.g., Lowe's rebates, Home Depot rebates, etc.

And if you have the 10% Lowe's coupon, that's great to use. We actually used the one from our moving packet then signed up on their website for another one. ;)

Narrowed on a French Door Refrigrator(Samsung/Maytag/Whirlpool), full size. crawling the web to get the best price. Lowe's /Home depot, winning the race, due to 10% coupon and less expensive ,in home warranty protection.

Also, shopping for a Washer/Dryer, will finalise in couple of days. Pls post, if you find any killer deals here.

LiefinIrvine said:
Narrowed on a French Door Refrigrator(Samsung/Maytag/Whirlpool), full size. crawling the web to get the best price. Lowe's /Home depot, winning the race, due to 10% coupon and less expensive ,in home warranty protection.

Also, shopping for a Washer/Dryer, will finalise in couple of days. Pls post, if you find any killer deals here.

Make sure you apply for the rebates offered by the gas company and electric company that may apply to your appliance purchases, especially the washer and/or dryer.

Luckily, I have a lot of furniture cardboard boxes that my wife and I were able to use as a mock fridge.  Though the full size is only like 6 inches deeper than the counter depth, we couldn't get past how much it stuck out!  The location of the fridge allows me to put any depth of fridge, but the cabinets being approximately 26" is what is a hindrance.

Would look like this,  yikes! 
IMG_1513.JPG

I'll be pretty busy tomorrow at Pacific Sales, Sears, HD, Lowes and ceiling fan hunting!  Hopefully there are some great deals out there. 
Looks like I may be taking TD's advice about finding a dented or small cosmetically damaged fridge to save $1,000.

We used to have a full size refrigerator. I hated the way it stuck out so much. So we replaced it with a counter depth refrigerator.  Aesthetically, the counter depth fridge is much nicer but capacity is ridiculously compromised. Luckily, we have our old full size refrigerator in our garage. Without a second refrigerator in the garage, we would not be able to survive with only a counter depth refrigerator.

We have a full-sized one (about 32 cu ft IIRC), but fortunately the configuration of our home (Saratoga plan 2) has the fridge on a wall all by itself, so there's no counter from which it is protruding.

It has LED lights and they're awesome. The brightness is great because there are so many of them, but more importantly, they're located all around in different places so even if there is something blocking one light, there are more lights in other places.

Back