Kung Fu Panda

caycifish_IHB

Saw the movie last night and it's actually really good! The animation was breathtaking to look at (animal fur especially), and the jokes were funny.

All in all, it was dripping with "awesomeness".

Anyone else care to comment?

"Ska-doooche!" :)

It was ok, there were some very funny moments. Since i've done martial arts for quite a while now, it was interseting to see the styles. I would have like to see more of the praying mantis. The "Dragon" was actually Bear/Mountain style.

-bix

I know this is rated PG versus G, but would you think it's tame enough for a 6 year old girl? She's seen the trailer and she keeps talking about pandas, but wasn't sure if the fighting might be too much...

[quote author="Bubblegum" date=1213317576]I know this is rated PG versus G, but would you think it's tame enough for a 6 year old girl? She's seen the trailer and she keeps talking about pandas, but wasn't sure if the fighting might be too much...</blockquote>

I think it depends on your 6 year old. There is a bad guy who growls and has claws, and 2 dark scenes in a "jail", but no blood (that I noticed) and no guns. Typical martial arts weapons are used. All the characters are talking animals, so obviously fantasy to kids who understand that. Most of the "fighting" is for training purposes or to show off technique. There are a few friend vs foe fight scenes towards the end.

Thanks caycifish, from some of the reviews seem to indicate that it's quite kids safe. Maybe it'll be a fathers day treat to take the princess out for a movie...

[quote author="caycifish" date=1213307294]Saw the movie last night and it's actually really good! The animation was breathtaking to look at (animal fur especially), and the jokes were funny.

All in all, it was dripping with "awesomeness".

Anyone else care to comment?</blockquote>

Hey Cayci,

From SATC to Kung Fu Panda

I like the range girl.

FYI, just picked up ?Beaches-The Platinum Edition? on dvd.

If tomorrow works, stop by and we?ll watch it together.

I?ll brew up some herbal tea, along with those chocolate dipped strawberries you like.

Gotta run, guard at the gate just called.

Ipop?s on his way over with the kids.

We?re taking his mini-van to see Kung Fu Panda, I promised to buy drinks and popcorn.

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1213320614]

Hey Cayci,

From SATC to Kung Fu Panda

I like the range girl.

</blockquote>

And I saw Indy, too. What can I say? I don't like to be put in a metaphorical box.

[quote author="tenmagnet" date=1213320614]

I?ll brew up some herbal tea, along with those chocolate dipped strawberries you like.

</blockquote>

Wait, how did you hear about that night in the IHB chat room?

Anyhow, you would have peaked my interest if you had said you had a copy of <em>The Other Boleyn Girl</em> instead. Natalie Portman and Scarlett Johansson are hot!

[quote author="Trooper" date=1213354706]Cayci, what part did Angie voice ?</blockquote>

She did the Voice for Tigress, I had no clue and just learned about just now, and her part was a major role. <a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441773/">Check out the IMDB link for the others</a>, the only other one I recognized was Lucy Liu.

[quote author="graphrix" date=1213359741][quote author="Trooper" date=1213354706]Cayci, what part did Angie voice ?</blockquote>

She did the Voice for Tigress, I had no clue and just learned about just now, and her part was a major role. <a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441773/">Check out the IMDB link for the others</a>, the only other one I recognized was Lucy Liu.</blockquote>

Jackie Chan was Monkey... definitely his style of fighting.... More like drunken money. But its very rare to see it.

-bix

[quote author="graphrix" date=1213359741][quote author="Trooper" date=1213354706]Cayci, what part did Angie voice ?</blockquote>

She did the Voice for Tigress, I had no clue and just learned about just now, and her part was a major role. <a href="http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0441773/">Check out the IMDB link for the others</a>, the only other one I recognized was Lucy Liu.</blockquote>

I caught those 2 names during the credits and had to school graph. Angie did a good job in that I didn't know it was her until then. Lucy Liu as well.

Back