Kolache factory in Tustin

I make some amazing white-chocolate cherry kolache! You can do them sweet or bigger and savory... basically a runza. You do know what a runza is, right?  ;) Jk I already know the answer.

Btw, I thought of you last Sunday when I ordered the new pastrami chili cheese fries @ Wienerschnitzel. This is your chance for you, the pastrami virgin, to try it. But really, The Hat is a lot better.

I actually tried pastrami at togos. So not a virgin anymore!!!  Thought it was good. Want to try the hat though.

Runza sounds like something  Jewish

I think one day I'm going to hire you to bake all day for me.

qwerty said:
I actually tried pastrami at togos. So not a virgin anymore!!!  Thought it was good. Want to try the hat though.

If you are exploring pastrami, try the pastrami hoagie at Nate's Korner. So good!
http://www.yelp.com/biz/nates-korner-santa-ana 

so i got some kolaches this morning, got about 8-10, about a $1-1.50 each. So the only problem i found with this place was that the kolaches are not warm, so while you can eat them at room temperature i prefer not to. one of the ones i got was warm as it had just come out, was the philly steak, it was good, needed a little more spices/flavoring, but still good. i did have a bite of the potato/egg/cheese, was good but again, room temperature. so they recommend to microwave them (about 10-15 seconds or put them in the oven for 5 minutes).  i also got a polish hot (pig in a blanket), 2 jalapeno poppers, 1 pizza, 2 philly steak, 1 jalapeno/cheese, 1 chorizo/egg

so this seems like a food you can take home and have to heat up, not necessarily to stop by and eat, you cant eat there anyway, no tables, so only to go. but these are great to have in the fridge and warm up for breakfast or a snack.  they did have the calories listed on the menu, not too bad, average calorie count is about 200. so ill have these for breakfast over the next couple of days. they should get a microwave so people can heat them up if they are on the go.

picked some up for the office today.  big hit.

turns out they do warm them up for you if you want so you can eat them on the go, or there. they will also warm up your entire order. though they microwave very well when you get to your destination.

qwerty said:

Did you have corned beef on St. Paddy's Day? I thought of you when I was making corned beef for a get-together. Mine was slow-cooked then roasted with a brown sugar, mustard, clove glaze. I'm actually not a fan of it unless it's made into a Rueben but everyone else asks for it. Although for being corned beef, it's good. I think it's good you tried pastrami before corned beef. Pastrami is better, imo.

1899887_10203723753198202_13448037_n.jpg

Back