Knight Rider

traceimage

I just watched the pilot episode of "Knight Rider" on Netflix. So nostalgic and cheesy. I LOVED this show in the 80s! Watching it as an adult, it is so ridiculous and dated...but still fun. The pilot of KR is from 1982. 30 years!!!

Kit was the dream car of every kid in my school..  I was more of an Airwolf fan...  do they have a remake of that.. I can still hum the theme song..

Have you seen the more recent series? KITT is voiced by Val Kilmer (I think) and the main character is supposedly Michael Knight's son... the Hoff even made a cameo.

Didn't last long though.

Just youtubed airwolf, got me wondering, what was the purpose of the humongous helmets?  If the helo goes down in a ball of flames would the helmet really save you? 

This goes right alongside my unanswerable questions in life like "Why there were no seat belts in Star Trek and why the control panel always explode when the ship gets hit by enemy fire"

ps9 said:
Just youtubed airwolf, got me wondering, what was the purpose of the humongous helmets?  If the helo goes down in a ball of flames would the helmet really save you? 
I thought they were more for noise dampering (although the AirWolf had a "silent" mode). Also, in a fighter vehicle (plane or helo or tank) there is a lot of jostling around so your head needs that protection just for the dogfights.
This goes right alongside my unanswerable questions in life like "Why there were no seat belts in Star Trek and why the control panel always explode when the ship gets hit by enemy fire"
Oh dang... you're bringing out the Trekkie nerd in me.

Answer #1: Galaxy-class starships are equipped with internal intertia/gravity dampening so seat belts aren't needed (how they achieve artificial gravity without a rotating force is beyond me... but then again... so is multiple speed of light travel, matter over space transference and molecular replication).

Answer #2: When a startship takes damage, because the shields are energy based, feedback from the additional load dispersement may cause electrical issues on the ship's electrical systems.

SoCal78 said:
IHO, I am impressed by your knowledge. You are very smart!
Whoah... that's not "real" knowledge. That's sci-fi nerd knowledge from watching way too many sci-fi shows/movies.

I have no idea if real-world physics actually support what I'm saying, I just thought it would be fun to answer PS9's "unanswerable" questions... I had Bella Cuba again last night so I figured I owed him that much.

Anyone can *seem* smart on the Internet... you just need big words and vague references to your superior educational background (which I have none of).

The big words work. Just like photos of Asian food, I comprehend 1/4 of it. The rest is an enigma. At the very least, you have an incredibly detailed & dare I say - scientific - memory. It can be argued whether or not that's a measure of intelligence but I believe it is.

(was trying to communicate in your native Austrian tongue)

I keep using that word, but maybe it does not mean what I think it means...

Back