Kate Plus 8

traceimage_IHB

I just read that Jon Gosselin is going to be leaving "Jon and Kate Plus 8," so the show is now going to cleverly be named...wait for it..."Kate Plus 8." I guess Jon is too busy trying to recapture his lost bachelor lifestyle and shopping for Ed Hardy clothes.

<a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33072304/ns/entertainment-reality_tv/">Bye Jon Gosselin</a>

This actually makes me sad. Not that Jon's leaving the show, but what happened to them. I used to watch the earlier seasons and it seemed like they were truly in love. My husband used to say they reminded him of us. I wish they could have made it work. I wonder if they'd never done the show...would they still be together? Was it the fame and money that tore them apart? Who knows. But it's sad.

[quote author="traceimage" date=1254284942]I just read that Jon Gosselin is going to be leaving "Jon and Kate Plus 8," so the show is now going to cleverly be named...wait for it..."Kate Plus 8." I guess Jon is too busy trying to recapture his lost bachelor lifestyle and shopping for Ed Hardy clothes.

<a href="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33072304/ns/entertainment-reality_tv/">Bye Jon Gosselin</a>

This actually makes me sad. Not that Jon's leaving the show, but what happened to them. I used to watch the earlier seasons and it seemed like they were truly in love. My husband used to say they reminded him of us. I wish they could have made it work. I wonder if they'd never done the show...would they still be together? Was it the fame and money that tore them apart? Who knows. But it's sad.</blockquote>

Kate became increasing more and more controlling and overbearing. Jon well, he rebelled. At that point, it was all over and they tried to keep it together for the sake of kids and show.

As for Jon now... well he's acting like a douchebag absent father.... Grow a set and man up to being a father.

-bix

An argument could be made that Jon was a douche from the beginning. He cheated before and, while bix's description of Kate is true, when he needed an ego boost... he cheated again. That being said, you have to be nutty to have 8 freakin' kids in the first place. Fortunately for me, all I know of the actual show is her stupid haircut; it was a visual cue to keep surfing channels.

Next up on TLC... a reality series about a soon-to-be divorced father who's living la vida loca...

"Jon Getting His Groove On" or "Jon Minus Kate, Never Too Late to Date"

Sad... but the first ep I ever saw of this show had the warning signs, it was the one where Jon was saying she treated him like a kid. I was thinking "This is interesting TV... but has to be bad for the marriage".

Some people would be happy to have so many kids and the ability to support them without having to work 24/7... these guys amaze me.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1254310636]Next up on TLC... a reality series about a soon-to-be divorced father who's living la vida loca...

"Jon Getting His Groove On" or "Jon Minus Kate, Never Too Late to Date"

Sad... but the first ep I ever saw of this show had the warning signs, it was the one where Jon was saying she treated him like a kid. I was thinking "This is interesting TV... but has to be bad for the marriage".

Some people would be happy to have so many kids and the ability to support them without having to work 24/7... these guys amaze me.</blockquote>

I like the second title choice.

I think that if Kate was controlling and overbearing it was likely because she was sick of Jon acting like her 9th child. His current immature behavior proves that.

I watched it once, and don't really recall the episode, but this strikes me as a chicken and egg problem. Did Kate treat him like a child because he was acting like one, or was he acting like that because she treated him that way. Maybe a little of both?

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1254351065]I watched it once, and don't really recall the episode, but this strikes me as a chicken and egg problem. Did Kate treat him like a child because he was acting like one, or was he acting like that because she treated him that way. Maybe a little of both?</blockquote>

Everything is negotiable.

I have seen every episode.

Kate did a poor job at picking her battles and coping with being completely overwhelmed. She took Jon for granted in how she treated him. She was frazzled and tired and desperately needed more help and support from Jon, but was not equiped to communicate that to him in a nice way. She acted out on her resentment, and the world thought she was a bitch. While I criticize her bevavior and think they should have been in therapy years ago, I have personal reasons to empathize with Kate and see the world through her eyes.

Jon did not step up to the task of having 8 kids. He was not ready for it, said he didn't want more than the twins, and didn't change much after the little kids came. Jon said he didn't resent Kate for the situation, but I don't believe him. He is a man-child at heart, and didn't stand up to the way Mommy #2 (Kate) was treating him. Really, the guy was not ready to settle down and get married in the first place...or was looking for a Mom-replacement and didn't want to own up to that. Especially when they were bringing in enough money for him to quit his IT job, he should have helped more around the house for the sake of his wife's sanity. And dude, your wife eats salads and works out every day and has a damn good body considering what it has gone through...the least you could do is try you lazy bum.

I now see a more peaceful Kate now. A lot of her bitchiness is gone now that Jon is, too. Jon is just showing his true colors as the selfish boy that he really is.

I had an ex-sister in law that was exactly like Kate. Seen it up close, so I have zero simpathy for Kate. My simpathy goes to the kids, they are going to need serious help.

[quote author="EvaLSeraphim" date=1254351065]I watched it once, and don't really recall the episode, but this strikes me as a chicken and egg problem. Did Kate treat him like a child because he was acting like one, or was he acting like that because she treated him that way. Maybe a little of both?</blockquote>
Have to agree. I was at once struck by his passiveness and her agressiveness and the symbiosis of their parts in their play. It is a shame for the children that he chose to cheat on his wife rather than grow some cajones.

Boy, am I gonna get flack for this.

I like the Duggars, and think they have a loving relationship with each other and their children. The children seem to be well adjusted and very down to earth.

[quote author="caycifish" date=1254353825]I have seen every episode.

Jon did not step up to the task of having 8 kids. He was not ready for it, said he didn't want more than the twins, and didn't change much after the little kids came. Jon said he didn't resent Kate for the situation, but I don't believe him. He is a man-child at heart, and didn't stand up to the way Mommy #2 (Kate) was treating him. Really, the guy was not ready to settle down and get married in the first place...or was looking for a Mom-replacement and didn't want to own up to that. </blockquote>

I agree that he wasn't ready in the first place. He was only 22 or 23 when the twins were born. And then he had 8 kids by 26-ish. That's gotta be hard. I guess he's now trying to recapture the early adulthood he never got to have.

And all of a sudden - it's over.

<a href="http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jon-gosselin-trying-to-keep-tv-crews-from-filming-his-kids/28806?nc">http://omg.yahoo.com/news/jon-gosselin-trying-to-keep-tv-crews-from-filming-his-kids/28806?nc</a>

TLC: Uh... Jon... we're removing you from the title of the show.

Jon: Oh yeah? I'm removing your film crew from the premises of my house!

No wonder he put his divorce on hold... so he can still have say in what TLC does with his family. Hehe... I guess one of his cajones works.

[quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1254460963] I guess one of his cajones works.</blockquote>

Yeah, the one that wants to get paid.

[quote author="caycifish" date=1254485656][quote author="irvine_home_owner" date=1254460963] I guess one of his cajones works.</blockquote>

Yeah, the one that wants to get paid.</blockquote>

Those aren't his, they're his lawyers.

I have only seen maybe 3 episodes of the show but Jon made it pretty clear in all of them that he wasnt sure he wanted to continue. And honestly Kate carried his nuts around in a jar. Dude is angry... really really angry.

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

<object width="325" height="250"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/youtube" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="325" height="250"></embed></object>

Nothing says "Trash" quite like the Papbst Blue Ribbon. Okay, maybe OE 800s or Shlitz Malt Liquer, but you get the drift.

Tall Boy PBR's FTW!

Back